Proper guide to delete 1dec Ransomware
1dec Ransomware is the new variant of Dharma ransomware family that was discovered by Marcelo Rivero. It is able to lock down all types of system files without having any prior notification including pictures, audios, videos, documents, databases and other important files. After that it renames all the files using unique ID assigned to the victims, cyber criminals email address and “.1dec” extension at the end of every file in order to makes them completely useless.
After encrypting all kinds of system files it starts to send ransom note in form of text file named “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” on the system screen which contain short term message which informs you about the encryption and demand money as well as describe decryption process. The message says that all your data are encrypted with powerful encryption algorithm therefore accessing even single file is impossible for the users without purchasing a decryption key.
The price of decryption key is not specified. They ask you to pay money in the form of Bitcoin within 48 hours. Further, users are also warned that if you will delay to pay money on the given time then all your files and data will be deleted permanently. Finally, the note ends with warning. Users are advised not to try to decrypt encrypted files with third party tools or software otherwise it may lead to permanent data loss.
Text presented in 1dec Ransomware’s pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Should Victim Pay Ransom Money?
It is important to note that paying the ransom money is not the solution. Even if you make the complete payment there is no any surety that they will provide you original decryption key/tool. The key they provide may contain lots of viruses and threats that will harm your system. The best and easiest remedy to recover the locked files is to use the backup files. The backup data should have been created and placed it at some external storage device prior to the malware attack. You can also try using a data recovery tool which can recover the locked files.
Note: This all recovery methods will work only when you completely remove 1dec Ransomware from the computer. To do so, you are advised to use some reliable antivirus removal tool such as Spyhunter.
How did ransomware infect computer?
The developers of ransomware virus use lot of tricks to attack the targeted PC. Software bundling, social engineering, spam email attachment, unsafe hyperlinks, peer to peer file sharing networks etc are some of the easy tricks used by hackers to intrude the malware. All these are manipulative and deceiving methods. As soon as this malware invade it, it will encrypt your files and demand ransom money.
In order to protect it, you have to be very attentive while installing any software. Always choose advance and custom installation method whenever any new program is downloaded. Furthermore, don’t open email attachments send by unknown senders or especially if it seem irrelevant as it may contain lots of malware. Moreover, to keep computer safe you are advised to remove 1dec Ransomware as early as possible.
Name: 1dec Ransomware
File Extension: .1dec (files are also appended with unique ID and cyber criminals email address)
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus, Files locker
Short Description: This dubious ransomware infection encrypts your data by adding its own extension to the end of filenames and demand ransom for its decryption.
Symptoms: The ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .1dec extension to them, along with a unique identification number placing the new .1dec extension as a secondary.
Ransom demanding message: Text presented in the pop-up and FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Distribution Method: Spam Emails, Infected Email Attachments, torrent file downloads, malicious ads and so on.
Damage: All files as well as data are encrypted and cannot be accessed without paying money. Usually, they ask you to pay money in Bitcoin cryptocurrency.
Removal and File Recovery: In order to remove 1dec Ransomware, we recommend you to go through given below removal instructions. Once malware gets removed, recover your files using existing backup.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘1dec Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like 1dec Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for 1dec Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
1dec Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove 1dec Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove 1dec Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with 1dec Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to 1dec Ransomware from machine.
Remove 1dec Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of 1dec Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by 1dec Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by 1dec Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like 1dec Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by 1dec Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about 1dec Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by 1dec Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like 1dec Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by 1dec Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by 1dec Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files