Proper guide to delete Aim ransomware from OS
Aim ransomware is new strain of Dharma ransomware family. It is one of the pernicious and persistent file locker virus that’s main aim is to encrypt your entire hard drive including audios, videos, pictures etc and makes them completely inaccessible. Once installed on your device, it can perform various harmful activities that will completely degrade your entire computer system. Furthermore, this dubious malware is created and distributed by cyber crooks to make illegal profit by harassing innocent users. This file virus uses advanced cryptographic encryption algorithm to encrypt all your files.
Text presented in pop-up window:
All your files have been encrypted!
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC. If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail [email protected]
Write this ID in the title of your message –
In case of no answer in 24 hours write us to theese e-mails:[email protected]
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 1 file for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 1Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
How to obtain Bitcoins
The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click ‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price.
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Text Presented In The “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” File:
all your data has been locked us
You want to return?
What is Aim ransomware and what does it do?
During encryption, all affected files are appended with “.Aim” extension to the end of all the file names. Now, it will demand huge ransom money to provide you decryption key to unlock your files by displaying ransom note in pop-up window and FILES ENCRYPTED.txt file. The created note clearly says that there is no other way to unlock your files rather than to pay ransom and purchase decryption key. However, before paying money users are offered free decryption test of 1 encrypted files, that should be less than 1MB as well as does not contain any personal information.
Victims are also warned not to rename encrypted files or try to decrypt them using third party software as it may causes permanent data loss. According to expert point of view, it has no record of releasing encrypted files after getting money. Once payment is done, it will disappear without unlocking your files. So, it is highly advised to remove Aim ransomware virus soon from your computer to prevent from further encryptions. After completing removing this malware, you can easily restore your files using backup (if created earlier). The other option for you is to use data recovery tool.
How did Aim ransomware enter your PC?
Aim ransomware might spread its infection from spam emails. Cyber crooks send spam mails that contain infectious files to the user. Such malicious files are in form of PDF documents, executable files, archive files and so on. As soon as users open such type of files, it starts downloading and installing malware. It could also enter into your system by visiting pornographic websites, phishing sites, misleading ads, file sharing networks and malicious payload and virus downloader’s. So, you need to pay close attention while surfing online and downloading any program.
Remove Aim ransomware
Manual malware removal threat might be hectic and complicated as it requires advanced computer skills to perform virus removal process. In case, if you are novice users, then we strongly advised you to use some reliable anti-malware removal tool that can remove Aim ransomware completely and safely from the infected system.
Name: Aim ransomware
Type: Crypto-virus, Ransomware
Short Description: Aim ransomware encrypt your data by adding its own extension to file names and demand ransom money for decryption key.
Symptoms: The ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .Aim extension to them, along with a unique identification number placing the new .Aim extension as a secondary.
Encrypted Files Extension: .Aim
Ransom Demanding Message: pop-up window and FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Distribution methods: Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, spam emails, cracked software, illegal patches and many more.
Damage: All files are encoded and cannot be decrypted without paying money. Other additional malware infection gets installed into your PC along with other ransomware infections.
Removal and Recovery: Use reliable antivirus removal tool to remove Aim ransomware totally from the system. After that, use backup files in order to recover encrypted files.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Aim ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Aim ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Aim ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Aim ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Aim ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Aim ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Aim ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Aim ransomware from machine.
Remove Aim ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Aim ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Aim ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Aim ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Aim ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Aim ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Aim ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Aim ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Aim ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Aim ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Aim ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files