Easy methods to delete Banjo Ransomware from PCs (Ransomware removal and data recovery solution)
Banjo Ransomware is another crypto-malware and computer infection that is belongs to “Phobos Ransomware” family. Like other Phobos Ransomware’s variants, this dubious file virus operates by encrypting all types/formats of files stored in your computer hard drive, modifies each file by appending its extensions and providing instructions on how to contact its developers for decryption keys/tools. It renames each file by adding victim’s ID, [email protected] email address and appending .banjo File Extension. After encryption process is complete, “info.txt” or “info.hta” files as ransom notes are dropped in each folders of your computer hard drive.
“info.txt” or “info.hta” ransom note contain the information about Banjo Ransomware, how you can recover or decrypt files locked by ransomware, technical support’s email ID or cybercriminals’ email ID and ransom money details. The message displayed on the ransom note states that all files stored in your computer hard drive have been encrypted/locked and requires paying certain amount on ransom money in Bitcoin cryptocurrency for decryption. It claims that the only way to decrypt all files locked by ransomware is to pay demanded extortion money to them.
As a proof that they have right decryption keys/software, they initially provide free decryption service for some locked files and ask you to send up to 5 locked files on [email protected] or [email protected] email ID presented on ransom note. It claims that in order to renames locked files manually or use third parties’ decryption keys/software, you will lose all files permanently. After free decryption test successful, cybercriminals behind this malware force you to pay certain amount of ransom money to decrypt rest of the files. Keep in mind that they are not going to recover any files even when ransom money is paid. So, we recommended you to avoid paying any amount of ransom money to them at any cases. If your System is already infected Banjo Ransomware or similar malware, then you should try to remove them at first and then you can try to restore files locked by ransomware using a backup or data recovery software.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
All your files have been encrypted!
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC. If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail: [email protected]
Write this ID in the title of your message –
In case of no answer in 24 hours write us to this e-mail:[email protected]
Our online operator is available in the messenger Telegram: @krasume
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 5 files for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 4Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
How to obtain Bitcoins
The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click ‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price.
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Ransomware distribution methods:
- Email Spam Campaigns: Ransomware or malware are mostly distributed through email spam or malsapm campaigns in your computer. These spam/irrelevant emails contain some messages along with malicious attachments or hyperlinks. Scammers use the name like “Urgent”, “Official”, “Important”, “Priority” and/or other similar keywords as subject/title of emails and contains some false-positive messages as a proof these emails are belongs to some trustworthy persons or organizations.
- Malicious attachments or hyperlinks: Spam/irrelevant emails contain some suspicious attachments or hyperlinks which when opened, encryption module or malware program will be executed or you will be redirected on untrustworthy sources that runs malicious scripts to download or install malware
- Fake software updaters, downloaders and installers: Ransomware type malware can also come from fake software updaters/tools, downloaders and installers. Activating installed software in your computer from untrustworthy sources can trigger malware or viruses in your device.
As mentioned above, Banjo Ransomware or other similar malware is mostly get enters into your machine from malspam campaigns especially from malicious attachments or links presented in it. So, you should be alert while browsing internet and avoid opening any attachments or links presented in suspicious/spam/irrelevant emails. You should check if “Anti-Spam Filter” feature is enabled in your mail service which you use like Gmail. Note that “Anti-Spam filter” feature when enabled, all the spammy emails will automatically send to spam folder of your mail service. You should never reply these emails and try to block the senders from sending spam emails. It is strongly advised to scan your PC with powerful antivirus software for malware or viruses.
Threat Name: Banjo Ransomware, banjo File Virus
Threat Type: Ransomware, File virus, Crypto-Malware
File Extension: “.banjo”
Ransom note: “info.txt” or “info.hta”
Description: This dubious file virus locks/encrypts all files of your computer hard drive and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Malicious emails and attachments, Suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders
Malware removal method: To remove Banjo Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software
Data recovery solution: To restore all files locked by Banjo Ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Banjo Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Banjo Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Banjo Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Banjo Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Banjo Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Banjo Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Banjo Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Banjo Ransomware from machine.
Remove Banjo Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Banjo Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Banjo Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Banjo Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Banjo Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Banjo Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Banjo Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Banjo Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Banjo Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Banjo Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Banjo Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files