Technical Steps To Delete Blackheel ransomware
Blackheel ransomware is added as a new member in the list of ransomware that is actually a new strain of Hidden Tear ransomware. This threat was first spotted by a security analyst named Ravi, according to which the malware use to encrypt files and change desktop wallpaper as well. Means, in case if a system gets infected by this entity, the victims can expect to have almost all their files appended with a new extension which appears as .a. in addition to this, the desktop wallpaper of their system will also be changed following which a ransom note named READ_ME.txt will be deployed without user’s intervention. Thus, it’s common to have encrypted files turned to be inaccessible to users, and throws the ransom note on screen when tried to access. Here comes the content which the ransom note will throw on screen:
All your data is backed up
You must pay 0.2 BTC to 19xxGz9WDmacNZ9P83v6QMmMgbCQxC1gnR 168 hours for recover it.
After 168 hours expiration we will leaked and exposed all your data.
In case of refusal to pay, we will contact the General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR and notify them that you store user data in an open form and is not safe.
Under the rules of the law, you face a heavy fine or arrest and your base dump will be dropped from our server! You can buy bitcoin here,
does not take much time to buy hxxps://localbitcoins.com with this guide
After paying write to me in the mail with your SERVER IP: [email protected] and you will receive a link to download your Decryption tool and key
Reading through the content displayed by Blackheel ransomware, it mainly instructs users to pay around 0.2 BTC which is to be paid in BTC wallet address within next 168 hours. If the demanded sum is not paid, the encrypted files’ original copy will be leaked in underground market. Further, the victims are asked to write an email to [email protected] once they remit the payment, following which the users are supposed to get a reply mail included with a download link for decryption tool and key. This is all actually common among most of the ransomware identities, but user’s should not believe such messages.
Although, it’s mostly suggested to check for free available tool or key to resolve issues caused by a ransomware, but unfortunately the Blackheel ransomware is not yet cracked, and there’s no free tool available. But, even paying the ransom to hackers not actually guarantee that developers of Blackheel ransomware will send the real decryption tool and key to users. Means, the presence of Blackheel ransomware on a computer is really a drastic moment that a user should deal with critical cautions. Considering to pay sum is still not recommended, rather than it’s suggested to find some alternative file recovery methods, and before that, it’s essential to remove Blackheel ransomware and all its files and settings permanently.
Why paying ransom fee to hackers is not worth?
As it’s mentioned already, that Blackheel ransomware is not yet cracked and there’s no free decryption tool available at the moment. So, it’s common for a user to consider if paying money to hackers is really worth of? According to security researchers, ransomware identities are created by criminals with sole intention to earn cyber crime profit, and not to help the users later on, even after their demanded fee is paid. Means, if a user end up paying to criminals, they will end losing all their encrypted files as well as the money without any profit. And this is they reason why they need to find some alternatives to sort out issues caused by the ransomware.
About intrusion of Blackheel ransomware on computers
As a rule, the ransomware entities including Blackheel ransomware is expected to be spread over web through malspam campaigns and other deceptive techniques. The users are tricked to download a trojan or more precisely a payload dropper. This is actually a script created by criminals to run in background to modify system settings and connect to a remote server controlled by hackers. Later, the Blackheel ransomware related files and downloaded and installed without any notice to users, following which the ransomware runs its built-in modules to encrypt all files. The ransom note is finally deployed to scare users and make them to pay ransom fee.
In case if your system and its files seem encrypted by Blackheel ransomware, then you might be facing hard time while accessing your computer. To sort out the issue, we appreciate you to try out the guidelines section to remove Blackheel ransomware along with all its files permanently and restore your encrypted data with a lately created backup file. For more information about guidelines and file restoration methods, check the sections included below.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Blackheel ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Blackheel ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Blackheel ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Blackheel ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Blackheel ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Blackheel ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Blackheel ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Blackheel ransomware from machine.
Remove Blackheel ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Blackheel ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Blackheel ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Blackheel ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Blackheel ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Blackheel ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Blackheel ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Blackheel ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Blackheel ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Blackheel ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Blackheel ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files