Files encrypted by Bondy Ransomware: Is there any solution?
Bondy Ransomware or .bondy File Virus is another crypt-virus belongs to Ransomware. It is designed to lock files, renames each file and creates a ransom note “HELP_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt” in all folders that contain locked files. For example, it modifies filename “1.png” to “1.png.bondy” by appending .bondy File Extension. After encryption process is finish, ransom notes are dropped in each folder of your computer that claims to decrypt or recover all files locked by ransomware immediately, once you pay demanded ransom money to them.
Bondy Ransomware is made using RSA cryptography algorithm techniques by cybercriminals. It is capable of locking all types of files including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and/or other formats of files. In other words, you can’t open or access your personal files anymore due to its dubious behaviors. “HELP_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt” ransom note states all files stored in your computer hard drive have been locked and require paying certain amount of extortion money to decrypt your files. The ransom note contain the information about this ransomware, how you can recover or decryptor files encrypted by ransomware, technical support’s email ID or cybercriminals’ email ID and ransom money details.
Attackers behind Bondy Ransomware claim that the only way to decrypt or recover your locked files is to purchase and use its decryption software/keys. It claims that in order to renames locked files manually or use third parties’ decryption keys, you will lose your all personal files & folders permanently. As mentioned in ransom note, you need to establish the contact with cybercriminals via [email protected] email address. They ask you to write an email to this email address and wait for further instructions. It claims that they have right decryption keys for all files locked by this ransomware and attempt to tricks you into paying $200 amount of ransom money for decryption keys/software. But it is bogus at all. You should never trust on them and avoid paying any amount of extortion money at any cases. Only way to decrypt or recover locked files is to restore files from a backup. But before that, you should try to remove Bondy Ransomware and related components from machine as soon as possible.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
Oops All Of your important files were encrypted Like document pictures videos etc..
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files, documents, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted by a strong encryption.
How to recover files?
RSA is a asymmetric cryptographic algorithm, you need one key for encryption and one key for decryption so you need private key to recover your files. It’s not possible to recover your files without private key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase an unique private key.Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files.
What guarantees you have?
As evidence, you can send us 1 file to decrypt by email We will send you a recovery file Prove that we can decrypt your file
Please You must follow these steps carefully to decrypt your files:
Send $200 worth of bitcoin to wallet: 3GDa7CcSjsW7Q29b16NiZ6DKxWauhJmKKq
after payment,we will send you Decryptor software
contact email: [email protected]
Your personal ID: – XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ransomware distribution methods:
How to protect your System from ransomware infections?
- Any attachments or hyperlinks presented in suspicious or irrelevant emails must not be opened.
- Don’t reply to spammy emails or irrelevant emails and try to block the senders’ email address from sending spam emails
- “Ant-spam filter” feature should be enabled in your mail service. Note that this feature when enabled, all the spammy emails are automatically delivered to spam folder of your mail service you use like “Gmail”
- Any applications should be downloaded from official sources or through direct links
- Avoid activating any applications installed in your computer from fake software updaters
- Scan your machine with powerful antivirus software for malware/ransomware or viruses regularly
Name: Bondy Ransomware, .bondy File Virus
Type: Ransomware, File Virus, Crypto-malware
Cybercriminals’ email ID: [email protected]
Description: This dubious file virus is capable of locking all files of your computer hard drive and demands ransom payment for decryption
Distribution methods: Fake software updaters, installers or downloaders, malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks
Malware removal method: To remove Bondy Ransomware or similar infection, we recommended you to scan your computer with strong antivirus software
Data recovery software: To restore all files locked by Bondy Ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Bondy Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Bondy Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Bondy Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Bondy Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Bondy Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Bondy Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Bondy Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Bondy Ransomware from machine.
Remove Bondy Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Bondy Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Bondy Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Bondy Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Bondy Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Bondy Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Bondy Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Bondy Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Bondy Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Bondy Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Bondy Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files