Files encrypted by CC4H Ransomware (Globe Ransomware’s variants): Is there any solution?
CC4H Ransomware is another file virus and computer infection belongs to “Globe Ransomware” family. Like other Globe Ransomware’s variants, this dubious crypto-malware encrypts/locks all types of files stored in your computer and demands ransom payment for decryption keys/tools. It is capable of locking all types/formats of files including photos, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and other format of files. It modifies each file by appending .CC4H File Extension. For example, “1.png” filename is renamed to “1.png.CC4H” and after encryption is complete, “INFO.html” file as ransom note is dropped in each folder of your computer.
In other words, all non-System files in your computer locked with .CC4H File Extension and require paying certain amount of ransom money to decrypt them. As mentioned in ransom note, you need to establish the contact with cybercriminals behind CC4H Ransomware via [email protected], [email protected] email address and wait for further instructions. It does bogus promises to decrypt/recover all files locked by ransomware once demanded ransom money is paid. The ransom note “INFO.html” contain the information about this ransomware, how you can decrypt files encrypted by ransomware, technical support’s email ID or cybercriminals’ email ID and ransom money details.
As a proof that they have right decryption keys/software, cybercriminals behind CC4H Ransomware offers you to send them one encrypted image or text file for free decryption. It asks you to send 2-3 locked files within the size of 1MB on given email address. After successful free decryption test, they force you to pay certain amount of extortion money to decrypt rest of the files. We strongly advise against dealing with them for decryption keys. Keep in mind that they are not going to decrypt or recover your any locked files even when ransom money is paid. So, we recommended you to stop paying any amount of extortion money to them. The only way to decrypt or recover locked files is to restore them from a backup. But before that, it is important to remove CC4H Ransomware and all the related components from machine as soon as possible.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
PERSONAL ID –
ALL YOUR FILES AND IMPORTANT DATA ARE ENCRYPTED!
To recover data you need decryptor.
To get the decryptor you should:
In the letter include your personal ID (look at the beginning of this document).
We will give you the decrypted file and assign the price for decryption all files
After we send you instruction how to pay for decrypt and after payment you will receive a decryptor and instructions We can decrypt one file in quality the evidence that we have the decoder.
Do not attempt to remove the program or run the anti-virus tools
Attempts to self-decrypting files will result in the loss of your data
Decoders other users are not compatible with your data, because each user’s unique encryption key
Ransomware distribution methods:
How to protect your System from ransomware attacks?
As mentioned above, ransomware or malware are distributed through malspam campaigns especially from suspicious attachments or link presented in it. So, you should be alert while surfing online and avoid opening any links or attachments presented in suspicious or irrelevant emails. Any applications should not be downloaded/installed or activated from unofficial sources, peer-to-peer file sharing network, fake software updaters, installers or downloaders. If your System is already infected with CC4H Ransomware or similar malware, you can scan your PC for malware or viruses with powerful antivirus software and remove CC4H Ransomware related infections completely.
Threat Name: CC4H Ransomware, .CC4H File Virus
Threat Type: Ransomware, File virus, Crypto-Malware
File Extension: “.CC4H”
Ransom note: “INFO.html”
Description: This dubious file virus locks all types/formats of files stored in your device and demands certain amount of extortion money for decryption
Distribution methods: Malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers, and downloaders
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your personal information and shares these collected details to illegal ones
Malware removal method: To remove CC4H Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with strong antivirus software
Data recovery solution: To restore all files locked by CC4H Ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘CC4H Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like CC4H Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for CC4H Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
CC4H Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove CC4H Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove CC4H Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with CC4H Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to CC4H Ransomware from machine.
Remove CC4H Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of CC4H Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by CC4H Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by CC4H Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like CC4H Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by CC4H Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about CC4H Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by CC4H Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like CC4H Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by CC4H Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by CC4H Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files