Steps to delete CCC ransomware
CCC ransomware is a huge risk ransomware infection and a part of Globeimposter ransomware family. Systems infected with this malware have all stored files, including images, audios, videos, documents, presentations and etc become inaccessible. The ransomware encrypts them using some strong cipher algorithm, making it mandate for the users to use a unique key/code for their decryption. Obviously, the crooks are the ones who have such decryptor. They store it secure on some remote server that only they can access to it. They demand huge ransom payment to provide this decryption tool. The ransomware drops “Decryption INFO.html” to put ransom demand.
.CCC extension to the files stored on your computer indicates that these files are affected by CCC ransomware attacks and encryption process. The malware targets only non-system files, however these files are the ones that users want to keep safe for memory purposes or business purposes. Thus, when found them inaccessible, they want to get them at any cost. In a manner, many of people see a sight through the ransom note. The “Decryption INFO.html” file provides the users with the contact details to the crooks with a suggestion these people have the unique decryption tool that will help in files recovery. The crooks ask for a huge ransom demands for the exchange of the decryption tool.
People are highly advised to think twice before paying/contacting these criminal minded people. You cannot expect such people to do honesty. They will not provide you the decryption tool even if you fulfill all their demands. In such a case, you will suffer the financial loss and the files will remain at the encrypted form. It is not only the matter of money loss, paying ransom will encourage these people to design more and more malware like this. It is highly advised you to use some alternatives for the data recovery. Existing backups, Volume Shadow Copies and data recovery tools are some major data recovery options available for you. However, you can use any of such methods only after CCC ransomware removal. Attempting to recover the files when there is malware still running on the system will result into corruption of the type of recovery tools you are using and even the permanent loss of encrypted data. Check below the post for complete guide to perform CCC ransomware removal and step-wise instruction to recover encrypted files.
How did CCC ransomware intrude in?
The most common methods to distribute ransomware and other malicious malware are Trojans, Scam campaigns, untrustworthy downloading channels, fake software updaters and illegal activation tools. Trojans are malicious malware that have wide range of functionalities, including the ability to cause chain infection, i.e., to download/ install malware. Scam campaigns are mass-scale operations used to design and deliver tens to thousands spam emails with infectious files or links for such files embedded with them, if clicked, the malware download/ installation process is triggered. Untrustworthy downloading channels such as p2p networks, free file hosting sites and third party downloaders/ installers spread malware by presenting it as legit software. Fake software updaters exploit bugs/flaws of outdated software or directly download malware instead of providing updates. Illegal activation tools infect system by supposedly bypassing activation keys for paid software.
Full text presented on the CCC ransomware’s created ransom note:
ALL YOUR FILES AND IMPORTANT DATA ARE ENCRYPTED!
To recover data you need decryptor.
To get the decryptor you should:
In the letter include your personal ID (look at the beginning of this document).
We will give you the decrypted file and assign the price for decryption all files
After we send you instruction how to pay for decrypt and after payment you will receive a decryptor and instructions We can decrypt one file in quality the evidence that we have the decoder.
Do not attempt to remove the program or run the anti-virus tools
Attempts to self-decrypting files will result in the loss of your data
Decoders other users are not compatible with your data, because each user’s unique encryption key
How to prevent ransomware infection?
Suspicious and/or irrelevant emails should never be opened, especially any attachments or website links provided in them. It is advised to use only official websites and direct links for any software download. All programs must be activated/ updated with tools/functions provided by genuine developers, since illegal activation tools and third party updaters often download/ install malware. To ensure the device integrity and personal safety, you should employ a reputable antivirus tool and keep it up-to-date. Also, use this tool for regular system scans and to remove any detected malware.
Complete CCC ransomware removal guide and files recovery tips
Below, you will find complete guide to perform CCC ransomware elimination. However, before proceeding to this, you should create a backup of the encrypted files so that you can use it in future when the official decryptor of the malware release. However, there will be no need of such backups, if you already have existing backup files. Not 100%, but there is a chance of files recovery through Volume Shadow Copies and data recovery tools as well – check below in the data recovery section for the respective guides.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘CCC ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like CCC ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for CCC ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
CCC ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove CCC ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove CCC ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with CCC ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to CCC ransomware from machine.
Remove CCC ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of CCC ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by CCC ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by CCC ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like CCC ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by CCC ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about CCC ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by CCC ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like CCC ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by CCC ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by CCC ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files