Detailed Instructions To Delete Covid-20 Ransomware
Covid-20 Ransomware is identified to be a new ransomware application that is different from other typical ones. Alike other ransomware, Covid-20 Ransomware use not to encrypt and rename files on targeted computers. Rather, it use to display a ransom note to users in a full screen mode, after being installed. So, definitely the full-screen ransom note will lock users to access their own machine for their own usage. Means, this ransomware is made not to block users to access their files, but to block them against accessing the whole operating system, which seems to be a mess at all. The ransom pop up is thrown on screen to ask users to unlock their machine and the pop up basically includes the following message:
You Became a Victim of the Covid-20 Ransomware
All Your Files Are Encrypted With Military Grade Encryption Algorithm
If you want to get your data back please pay me $1000000 worth of bitcoin
Any other attempt to Restore Data will Fail
Reinstalling Windows has Been Blocked
Enter Decryption Key:
So, looking through the message displayed through ransom pop up powered by Covid-20 Ransomware, it mention that files under computer is encrypted by Covid-20 Ransomware using a military grade encryption. Further, it states that users can decrypt their files by paying around $1000000, but in BTC currency. In addition to these, the users are informed that they have no other remaining option to decrypt their files, even reinstalling the operating system can help. However, there’s no much data regarding how to contact hackers in the note, so the victims remain with only option to get rid of Covid-20 Ransomware, is to uninstall the ransomware. Some experts even have to say that if it was possible to contact the devs to know more about payment, the users should not choose the same. If they do so, will get financially deceived as well.
How ransomware are destructive and infects a computer?
Ransomware identities like Covid-20 Ransomware are considered to be the most vicious malware forms that brings terrible consequences. A victim actually remains with no easy options to clean such infectious objects from their machine. However, the unintentional presence of ransomware inside computer increases the high potential risks leading to data loss, financial loss, and even more. Thus, the term Covid-20 Ransomware should not be taken in easy manner as it’s completely a destructive object to block users against using their own machine completely.
As noticed in most of the instances, the Covid-20 Ransomware like term is often distributed through malspam campaigns, fake software updater and tools, unreliable download sources, trojans, software activation tools, and so on. In case specific to ransomware, malspam campaigns are mostly used under which a malicious attachment or link is distributed through emails. Such attachments may appear to users in form of MS Office documents, PDF files, archives, and so on. Although, such objects may seem like a useful one in prior, downloading or interacting with those will secretly cause disruption inside computers leading to serious issues. So, to prevent Covid-20 Ransomware ransomware against getting installed, the users should be extremely cautious while dealing with such online or offline options.
Prevention tips and removal methods
As it’s mentioned above, if a user requires to prevent their system against intruders like Covid-20 Ransomware, they should be cautious throughout the day. They should avoid interacting with malicious links or attachments received in spam emails. While downloading some files, they should make sure if the download channel is protected and secured one. If not, they should not conduct any downloads whether the apps seem worthy or not. In addition to these, users should choose Advanced/Custom installation method while installing freeware or shareware applications. Under this mode, the users would easily be able to identify and de-select any such item that seem suspicious to them.
In case if your system running out of order and Covid-20 Ransomware is asking you to remit the ransom payment to unlock your system, then you might be having bad time. To prevent the system, we suggest you to remove Covid-20 Ransomware from your machine, for which the guidelines under this article can be helpful.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Covid-20 Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Covid-20 Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Covid-20 Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Covid-20 Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Covid-20 Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Covid-20 Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Covid-20 Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Covid-20 Ransomware from machine.
Remove Covid-20 Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Covid-20 Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Covid-20 Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Covid-20 Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Covid-20 Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Covid-20 Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Covid-20 Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Covid-20 Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Covid-20 Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Covid-20 Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Covid-20 Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files