Complete tips to delete CoVideoSearch
CoVideoSearch is a potentially unwanted application, categorized as a browser hijacker. It is designed to promote an address of a fake search engine named covidosearch.com. it is likely to collect browsing based data as well. It is common that people download/ install this type application inadvertently. For this reason, this app is also called potentially unwanted application.
More about CoVideoSearch
In common cases, the main aim of any browser hijacker applications is to promote an address of a fake search engine. They do this by replacing the addresses of the existing homepage, new tab page and default search engine options with the one they are promoting. CoVideoSearch sets covidosearch.com on all those places and makes users mandate to visit it all the time when they open their browsing tab and enter any queries on the URL bar. Covidosearch.com is a fake search engine. It does not generate its own search results. There are many fake web searchers like this is possible. All such search engines display search results generated by some legit web searchers. The promoted URL by CoVideoSearch does the same by redirecting users to Yahoo (search.yahoo.com) search engine.
Typically, the modifications that were done to the browsers settings cannot easily be undone till the browser hijacker installed on the device. This PUA reassigns any changes made by users to restore the browsers settings and can even be designed to restrict/ deny users’ access to those settings. Furthermore, it is common for any PUAs to track users’ browsing session and collect the data related to their web browsing activities. The list of the collected data includes IP addresses, Search queries, Viewed pages, URLs visited, ISP, Geo-locations and etc. Moreover, these data could be shared and/or sold to potent crooks who misuse them to generate illicit revenue. To sum up, the data tracking application can create the trouble related to privacy, monetary loss, identity theft and etc. Before all such issues happen on you, employ a reputable antivirus tool and run a full system scan using it to perform CoVideoSearch removal immediately.
Ways through CoVideoSearch enter systems
In most cases, users download/ install PUAs included in the download/ install setups of regular software. This deceptive method in which packing of regular app is done with unwanted and malicious ones is termed as software bundling. By rushing the download and skipping most of the download/ installation option, users increase the risk of inadvertent installation of unwanted applications. Once clicked on, intrusive ads can cause stealth download/ installation by running certain scripts.
Tips to prevent PUAs intrusion
Avoid untrustworthy downloading sources like p2p networks, free file hosting sites and third party downloaders/ installers because these are the common sources to be used to promote dubious and/or bundled content. Always prefer official websites and direct links for that. Furthermore, download and installation should never be done without using Custom/Advanced and other settings or checkboxes. These options allow you see all included apps and perform their removal right at the installation moment. Intrusive ads appear on any suspicious pages should never be clicked. These pages always redirect users to potentially dangerous pages and cause PUAs download/ installation.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘CoVideoSearch‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like CoVideoSearch as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for CoVideoSearch removal from computer
CoVideoSearch is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove CoVideoSearch related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of CoVideoSearch and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove CoVideoSearch and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate CoVideoSearch related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if CoVideoSearch related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of CoVideoSearch in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if CoVideoSearch related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate CoVideoSearch and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove CoVideoSearch from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by CoVideoSearch and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete CoVideoSearch from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if CoVideoSearch related files is removed.
Delete CoVideoSearch and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop CoVideoSearch related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to CoVideoSearch and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if CoVideoSearch related files is removed.
Remove CoVideoSearch from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate CoVideoSearch related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove CoVideoSearch from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to CoVideoSearch from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove CoVideoSearch related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for CoVideoSearch related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to CoVideoSearch from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate CoVideoSearch related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to CoVideoSearch from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with CoVideoSearch in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if CoVideoSearch related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to CoVideoSearch in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to CoVideoSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find CoVideoSearch related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall CoVideoSearch related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove CoVideoSearch related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate CoVideoSearch related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of CoVideoSearch removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of CoVideoSearch removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove CoVideoSearch and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of CoVideoSearch from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find CoVideoSearch related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove CoVideoSearch and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove CoVideoSearch related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of CoVideoSearch removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against CoVideoSearch related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button