Delete CryCryptor Ransomware from PC (Removal steps)
CryCryptor Ransomware is another dubious and harmful file encrypting malware that belongs to ransomware family. It is an excellent intrude and hence it can easily alter any Windows based computer without having your consent and hide deep inside your device. It uses powerful file encoding algorithm to lock down all your important data on the targeted PC. This dubious malware has been created and developed by group of cyber criminals with an aim to make illegal online profit by phishing innocent users.
What is CryCryptor Ransomware?
CryCryptor Ransomware is dangerous computer infection which is crypto graphic malware used by hackers for encrypting files on victim’s computer. After encrypting all your files, this ransomware appends its own extensions to the end of all filenames and makes it completely useless. Soon after encryption, it drops a ransom note on system screen which contains instructions about unlocking process. This virus main aim is to lock down all your files and extort huge amount of ransom money to allegedly recover them. Due to this, users are unable to access any of their files to their previous states.
As you know, the created ransom note contain brief message which states victims that all their files have been blocked due to some security reasons. In order to decrypt it users are instructed to purchase decryption key from the cyber criminals by writing them an email on the provided email address. Once contacted, they will ask you to pay money in Bitcoin cryptocurrency. The cost of ransom is not determined generally it depends upon users how fast they contact to the cyber criminals.
They will also provide you some time to pay money that is within 3 days after encryption otherwise all your files will be permanently deleted. So, it is not safe to make a deal with the devil because once payments are made, they start ignoring victims and not even answer their calls or messages. This perilous threat only wants your money that is why it leaves ransom note on your desktop to tell you how to pay, how much to pay and where to pay. Therefore, in this situation you are advised to follow this guide carefully and remove CryCryptor Ransomware completely from the system.
How did ransomware intrude?
Ransomware and other harmful malware intrude into your system by using various deceptive methods. Some of the most common and popular methods used by them are bundled of freeware programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, fake updates, p2p sharing networks and many more. After intrusion, first of all it will monitor your PC and find out all files to encrypt. It locks down all your important documents including security related programs and make impossible for you to remove CryCryptor Ransomware by using your antivirus programs. So, without wasting time, you are advised to delete this malware immediately.
Do not pay ransom money to hackers? (Recover Files)
As you know, all these entire illegal activities are performed by a cyber criminal whose main aim is to lock all your personal as well as system files and make it inaccessible. After encrypting, this brutal malware wants to force you so that you don’t look for other options and simply pay money to them. So, in these if you are thinking to pay money to hackers then it is very bad idea they don’t want to release your files rather than to collect your information while you pay money and used it for illegal purposes.
From the aforementioned details, we highly suggest you not to pay money to hackers and even contact them. Despite this, you can decrypt your files without paying money but to do so, you are suggested to read the given below article carefully. The best solution to get your files back is to use data backup if one has created earlier before encryption. In case, if you don’t have any backup file the other option is to use data recovery tool.
Remove CryCryptor Ransomware
If your computer is already infected with such virus then you need to go through various removal steps. You should get rid of CryCryptor Ransomware as soon as possible before it can have the chance to spread further and infects other PC very easily. Hence, you should remove the ransomware and follow the step by step instructions which have been provided below with the help of both manual and automatic process.
Name: CryCryptor Ransomware
Type: File-lockers, Cryptovirus, Ransomware
Extension used on locked files: unusual extension
Ransom note: not mentioned
Description: This ransomware is a new detection that locks your files and demands a hefty ransom fee to offer decryption key. However, program is nothing more than a trap by hackers to earn illegal profit.
Distribution: Spam email campaigns, harmful links and ads, peer-to-peer file sharing such as torrents, hidden attachment with freeware and shareware
Symptoms: A different unusual extension are added in the personal files and data stored in the PC hard-disk, A ransom note demanding money appears on the screen when you trying to access them.
Damage: Leads to data loss. Secretly adds other severe malware infection in the backdoor including password stealing Trojan, spyware and so on.
Removal and Data recovery: Advised to immediately scan the PC and remove all file viruses immediately. Once the malware gets removed, you can use the backup files for recovery. The other option is to use a data recovery tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘CryCryptor Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like CryCryptor Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for CryCryptor Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
CryCryptor Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove CryCryptor Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove CryCryptor Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with CryCryptor Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to CryCryptor Ransomware from machine.
Remove CryCryptor Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of CryCryptor Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by CryCryptor Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by CryCryptor Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like CryCryptor Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by CryCryptor Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about CryCryptor Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by CryCryptor Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like CryCryptor Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by CryCryptor Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by CryCryptor Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files