Delete Decme ransomware from system
Decme ransomware is defined as file locking virus that if it gains access to the PC encrypts all files and demands a ransom in order to provide promised decryption tool. This dubious malware belongs to VoidCrypt ransomware family. During the encryption process, it renames all encrypted files by adding email address of the criminals, appointed victim ID and .decme extension and makes all files rendered inaccessible. After this, it creates ransom notes titled !INFO.HTA and dropped in all folders that contain encrypted files.
Decme ransomware: detailed information
Unlike other cryptoviruses, the created ransom note explains a victim that all their files are encrypted with strong cryptography algorithm and there is only one way to regain access to them is by paying money to hackers. The price of recovery tool is not specified although, the cyber criminals urges the victims to contact them within 48 hours after encryption otherwise the demanded sum will be doubled. The creators of ransomware instructs user to pay money only in Bitcoin cryptocurrency.
In order to prove that decryption tool is really working, cyber criminals offers victims to send some encrypted files for free test decryption. Remember that the files must not contain any valuable data such as databases, backups, documents and so on. Therefore, we always advice against contacting the cyber criminals and agreeing to meet their demands. Users should remove Decme ransomware from their infected computer and then find out the ways for data recovery.
Text presented in the “!INFO.HTA” file:
!!! Your Files Has Been Encrypted !!!
♦ your files has been locked with highest secure cryptography algorithm ♦
♦ there is no way to decrypt your files without paying and buying Decryption tool♦
♦ but after 48 hour decryption price will be double♦
♦ you can send some little files for decryption test♦
♦ test file should not contain valuable data♦
♦ after payment you will get decryption tool ( payment Should be with Bitcoin)♦
♦ so if you want your files dont be shy feel free to contact us and do an agreement on price♦
♦ !!! or Delete you files if you dont need them !!!
♦Your ID :-
our Email :[email protected]
In Case Of No Answer :[email protected]
Ways to spread Decme ransomware:
There are various ways through which ransomware and different types of malware are distributed into the system. The most common distribution methods for the ransomware infiltration now-a-days is spam emails. Spam emails contain a website links or infected attachments and are sent to the recipients in order to deceive them to open those files. If any of these villainous options are clicked or downloaded by the user, the infection and encryption start almost immediately. So, users are advised to be very cautious and never open any shady looking emails or their components.
How to get back encrypted data from Decme ransomware?
In order to prevent ransomware from causing further encryptions, users are highly advised to remove Decme ransomware as soon as possible from the PC. To remove this malware, victims are recommended to use powerful antimalware removal tool. After finishing the removal process, users can easily recover their files from a backup. The other option is to use data recovery tool. such tools are designed nowadays with specific functionality.
Remove Decme ransomware
Manual malware removal threat has been provided below under this article in step by step manner. Follow it so that you will not find any trouble when performing virus removal process. You can use some reliable anti-malware removal tool such as Spyhunter that has the capability to remove Decme ransomware and all infiltrated malware completely from the system to avoid further encryptions.
Name: Decme ransomware
File Extension: .decme
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus, File encrypting malware
Short Description: The ransomware encrypts files on your computer system and demands a ransom to be paid to allegedly recover them.
Symptoms: All your files are encrypted by Decme ransomware, cannot open any files as earlier states.
Ransom Demanding Note: !INFO.HTA
Distribution Method: spam email attachments, bundling of freeware, update system software and many more.
Removal: Use some reputable antivirus tool to automatically remove Decme ransomware from the computer.
Files Recovery: Use existing backup for data restoration. If you don’t have backup, users are advised to use third party data recovery tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Decme ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Decme ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Decme ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Decme ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Decme ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Decme ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Decme ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Decme ransomware from machine.
Remove Decme ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Decme ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Decme ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Decme ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Decme ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Decme ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Decme ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Decme ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Decme ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Decme ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Decme ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files