Delete Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from system
Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam is a tech support scam displayed that is displayed on deceptive websites. The scheme claims that the suspicious activity has been detected on the host computer and due to this – it has been blocked. To resolve this non-existing issue, the visitors are asked to call on the provided number. In order to deceive people to invent this false issue, the scam immediately turns on printing that prevents them to close the Window. Here, you are emphasized that the pop-ups provides false information and Microsoft Corporation is not associated with it, what the scam page falsely claims to. Most users access this deceptive page due to a potentially unwanted application running on the background. You must delete this unwanted application so that you will not encounter such scam message in future.
More about the campaign
The text message written on Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam page is in German language, meaning the scam is the targeting the German speaking people. On the rough translation of the text message, it claims that the Window has been blocked due to suspicious activity detected on the system. It further states that the users’ browsing history, log-in credentials and credit card details and stored files are at risk. Then, it encourages the users to call on the provided number in order to prevent further damage to the network. The message in the pop-up window displayed by Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam pushes similarly pushes users to call on the provided number to take tech support. Here is the full text presented on the scam page and the pop-up:
Aufgezeichneter Fehler à:
Windows gemeldeter Download à hxxps://HD-SE***.COM
** WARNUNG KRITISCHE MELDUNG ! **
Fehler # MS-77X1
Windows-Support kontaktieren: 0800-101-202 :
Ignorieren Sie diese wichtige Warnung nicht
Windows wurde aufgrund verdächtiger Aktivitäten blockiert.
Bitte rufen Sie uns innerhalb von 5 Minuten an, um zu
verhindern, dass Ihr Computer deaktiviert wird. Die folgenden
Informationen können verloren gehen:
- Wichtige Informationen (Kreditkarten)
- Dateien auf der Festplatte
Ignorieren Sie diese kritische Warnung nicht Wenn Sie diese
Seite schließen, wird Ihr Computerzugriff deaktiviert, um
weitere Schäden an unserem Netzwerk zu verhindern .
Windows-Support kontaktieren: 0800-101-202
Bitte rufen Sie uns an: 0800-101-202
Verified Publisher: Mozilla
Kontaktieren Sie uns sofort, damit Unsere
Technikern die Fehler selbst sehen und überprüfen
können. Bitter rufen Sie uns innerhalb 5 minuten an,
um es zu verhindern, sonst Ihr Computer deaktiviert
Ok Jetzt anrufen
Verhindern Sie zusätzliche Dialoge.
Windows-Support kontaktieren: 0800-101-202
Schemes of this type are usually designed to generate profit by abusing the users’ trust. The scammers aim to gain remote access to the device and infect it with various other infections such as Trojan or Ransomware. They may target stealing personal and sensitive information stored on it. Also, they may ask charges for the unnecessary services they are providing. Often the payments portals used for the payments are not trustworthy – they can record entered banking credentials. Summarize, trusting Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam scheme can result into system infections, significant financial loss, severe privacy issues and even identity theft.
As said earlier, adware is always behind such scam/ deceptive pages. Such apps can have other functionalities. These unwanted apps often deliver intrusive ads in the form of pop-ups, banners, coupons and etc. They can monitor web session and collect the data include IP addresses, Search queries, Viewed pages, URLs visited, ISP, Geo-locations and etc. Typically, these data help the advertisers to design targeted ads and to trick people into involve in their scam that can end up them to download other unwanted apps, pay for fake services and disclose personal info. In worst case, the collected data could be shared to potent crooks who misuse them to generate illicit revenue that create the risk to the privacy. To prevent such issues, immediately remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam virus from the system.
Name: Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam
Symptoms: Seeing advertisements not originating from the sties that you are browsing. Intrusive pop-ups and ads continuously appear during the web browsing session, the Internet speed gets decreased
Distribution methods: Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications
Damage: Decreased computer performance, browsing tracking -privacy issues, possible additional malware infections
Malware removal: To eliminate the possible malware infections, scan the device with some reputable antivirus tool or follow manual removal instructions provided below the post
How did Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam intrude in?
Some PUAs have their official websites from where they can be downloaded. However, these applications are distributed via the download/ installations setups of other software, as well. This marketing method is called bundling in which pre-packing of one app is done with other regular software. Rushed the download and installation processes- increase the risk of inadvertent installation of unwanted apps. Once clicked on, intrusive ads can cause stealth installation of unwanted apps by running certain scripts.
How to prevent unwanted apps intrusion?
It is recommended to use official websites and direct download links. Avoid p2p networks, free file hosting and third party downloaders for any files or programs download as they commonly offer dubious and/or bundled content. During the download/ installation, analyze each step using Custom/Advanced option and manually opt out all additionally attached apps and decline all offers. Intrusive ads always redirect to unreliable pages such as gambling, adult dating and pornography and similar. If you encounter any such ads/ redirects, check the system and immediately remove all suspected applications.
Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam removal guide
Easy step by step manual Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam removal guide is provided below. Follow it so that you will find no trouble during removal process. You can use some reputable antivirus tool to automatically remove the infection from the system.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam removal from computer
Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related files is removed.
Delete Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related files is removed.
Remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Error MS-77X1 POP-UP Scam related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button