Easy methods to delete .fireee File Virus (Makop Ransomware’s variants)
Threat Name: .fireee File Virus, Fireee Ransomware
Threat Type: Ransomware, Crypto-Malware, Files Locker
File Extension: “.fireee”
Ransom note: “readme-warning.txt”
Description: This nasty file virus encrypts/locks all types of files stored in machine and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Suspicious hyperlinks, malicious emails and attachments, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders, illegal activation tools
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your sensitive information and shares these collected details to other attackers or third parties to generate some income from them.
Ransomware removal method: To remove .fireee File Virus or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Data recovery solution: After ransomware removal, you can try to restore all locked files by ransomware using strong data recovery software.
What is .fireee File Virus? What it does?
“.fireee File Virus” or “Fireee Ransomware” is very dangerous file virus and computer infection that is belongs to “Makop Ransomware” family. This nasty file virus operates by encrypting/locking all formats/types of files of your computer by adding victim’s unique ID, [email protected] cybercriminals’ email address, and appending .fireee File Extension. For example, it renames “1.png” to “1.png.[9B83AE23].[[email protected]].fireee”. After encryption process is finished, “readme-warning.txt” text files as ransom notes are dropped in all folders of your computer that contains encrypted files. If System has infected with this dubious file virus, then you should try to remove .fireee File Virus from machine immediately.
.fireee File Virus is made using powerful encryption algorithm techniques by cybercriminals. It encrypts/locks all files including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and/or other formats of files. In other words, you can’t access or open your personal files anymore due to its nasty behaviors. However, the ransom note “readme-warning.txt” states that all files of your computer hard drive have been locked and require paying certain amount of ransom money to decrypt your files, and contain information about this ransomware, how you can recover or decrypt your files, cybercriminals’ email ID and ransom money.
.fireee File Virus ransom note claims that you need to establish the contact with cybercriminals via email ID [email protected] and as proof that they have right decryption key, they ask you to send 2-3 locked files on given email address for free decryption service. After free decryption test successful, it forces you to pay demanded ransom money to decrypt rest of the files. We recommended you to stop paying any amount of ransom money to them at any cases. As per our research, the only way to recover your locked files is to restore them from a backup. But before that, it is important to remove .fireee File Virus from System as soon as possible.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
::: Greetings :::
Q: Whats Happen?
A: Your files have been encrypted and now have the “fireee” extension. The file structure was not damaged, we did everything possible so that this could not happen.
Q: How to recover files?
A: If you wish to decrypt your files you will need to pay in bitcoins.
Q: What about guarantees?
A: Its just a business. We absolutely do not care about you and your deals, except getting benefits. If we do not do our work and liabilities – nobody will cooperate with us. Its not in our interests.
To check the ability of returning files, you can send to us any 2 files with SIMPLE extensions(jpg,xls,doc, etc… not databases!) and low sizes(max 1 mb), we will decrypt them and send back to you. That is our guarantee.
Q: How to contact with you?
Q: How will the decryption process proceed after payment?
A: After payment we will send to you our scanner-decoder program and detailed instructions for use. With this program you will be able to decrypt all your encrypted files.
Q: If I don’t want to pay bad people like you?
A: If you will not cooperate with our service – for us, its does not matter. But you will lose your time and data, cause only we have the private key. In practice – time is much more valuable than money.
DON’T try to change encrypted files by yourself!
If you will try to use any third party software for restoring your data or antivirus solutions – please make a backup for all encrypted files!
Any changes in encrypted files may entail damage of the private key and, as result, the loss all data.
How did Ransomware install on computer?
Ransomware or other malware are distributed through Trojans, malspam campaigns, illegal activation tools, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders, and other third parties’ sources. Scammers use “Malspam Campaigns” or “Email Spam Campaigns” to trigger ransomware or encryption module in your machine. They send spam emails in your mailbox that appears in “Inbox Folder” instead of “Spam Folder” of your mail service which you use like Gmail, which contain some false-positive message along with malicious hyperlinks and attachments. Once opened, attackers execute encryption module in your computer and starts encrypting all files stored in your machine. On other hand, Ransomware can also come from illegal activation tools or fake software updaters means if you activate or purchase license for installed software in your computer from these untrustworthy sources, then you also allow them to install malware or viruses in machine.
- Create backup or keep backup of your all personal files stored in your device on some safe external storage device or on cloud storage.
- Keep up-to-date all software installed in your computer including Operating System (OS), antivirus software and other legitimate software.
- Scan the PC for malware or viruses regularly with powerful antivirus software.
- Any hyperlinks or attachments presented in spam or irrelevant emails
- Hover your mouse over any hyperlinks before click and double-check if the hyperlinks are belongs to some trustworthy sources.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘.fireee File Virus’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like .fireee File Virus as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for .fireee File Virus removal and restore encrypted files
.fireee File Virus is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove .fireee File Virus and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove .fireee File Virus using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with .fireee File Virus infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to .fireee File Virus from machine.
Remove .fireee File Virus using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of .fireee File Virus. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by .fireee File Virus using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by .fireee File Virus, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like .fireee File Virus are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by .fireee File Virus using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about .fireee File Virus or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by .fireee File Virus or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like .fireee File Virus are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by .fireee File Virus.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by .fireee File Virus and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files