Easy methods to delete Gcahvv Ransomware from machine (Remove Ransomware)
Threat Name: Gcahvv Ransomware, .gcahvv File Virus
Threat Type: Ransomware, crypto-malware, files locker
File extension: “.gcahvv”
Ransom note: “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.txt”
Description: This dubious file virus is capable of locking all types/formats of files stored in your computer and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your personal information and shares it to illegal ones.
Ransomware removal method: To remove Gcahvv Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Data recovery solution: To restore all files locked by Gcahvv Ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
Ransomware distribution methods:
Ransomware and other similar malware are distributed through Trojans, email spam campaigns, illegal software activation tools, fake software updaters, downloaders and installers, and other third parties’ sources. Scammers or malware programmers use “Email Spam Campaigns” or “Malspam campaigns” to trigger Trojan, ransomware and/or other malware. They send spam emails in your mailbox that appears in inbox folder instead of spam folder of your mail service you use like Gmail. These suspicious emails contain some false-positive messages along with malicious attachments or hyperlinks. Once opened, attackers behind this malware can execute encryption module in your machine and start encrypting all files of your computer. On other hand, ransomware type malware can come from fake software updaters, installers, downloaders or illegal activation tools. If you purchase illegal activation tools or activate installed software in your computer from fake software updaters, then you also allow them to install harmful malware like Ransomware in your machine.
What is Gcahvv Ransomware? What it does?
Gcahvv Ransomware or “.gcahvv File Virus” is another crypto—virus belongs to “Snatch Ransomware” family. Like other Snatch Ransomware’s variants, this dubious file virus operates by locking/encrypting all types/formats of files stored in your computer hard drive, renaming each file with its extensions and providing instructions on how to contact cybercriminals for further instructions and/or decryption. It renames each file by appending .gcahvv File Extension. After encryption process is complete, “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.txt” text files as ransom notes are dropped in each folder of your computer that contain encrypted files.
The ransom-demanding message “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.txt” states that all files of your computer hard drive have been encrypted, you need to establish the contact with the cybercriminals behind this malware via given email address and requires paying certain amount of extortion money within 24 hours for decryption. The ransom note contain the information about this ransomware, how you can recover all files locked by ransomware, technical supports’ email ID or cybercriminals’ email ID and ransom money details. They attempt to tricks you into paying demanded ransom money to decrypt your files and claims the only way to decrypt files encrypted by this ransomware is to purchase & use its decryption keys/software. It also claims in order renames encrypted files manually or use third parties’ decryption tools/keys, you will lose all files & folders of your computer permanently.
Cybercriminals behind Gcahvv Ransomware belongs to Snatch Ransomware family initially provides free decryption service for some of your locked files as proof that they have right decryption keys. It asks you to send 2-4 locked files on [email protected] and [email protected] email address for free decryption service. Once free decryption test successful, it forces you to pay huge amount of extortion money to decrypt rest of the files. But it is bogus at all. You should never trust on them and avoid paying any amount of extortion money at any cases. As per our research, the only way to recover locked files by this ransomware is to restore them from a backup. But before that, you should try to remove Gcahvv Ransomware and all the related components from machine as soon as possible.
- Create backup or keep backup of your personal files stored in your machine on some safe external storage device or on cloud storage.
- You should keep up-to-date all software installed in your computer including Operating System (OS), antivirus software and rest of genuine software.
- Any applications should not be downloaded/installed and/or activated from unofficial sources.
- Any attachments or hyperlinks presented in suspicious or spam emails must not be opened.
- Scan the PC for malware or viruses regularly with powerful antivirus software.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
Hello! All your files are encrypted and only we can decrypt them.
Write us if you want to return your files – we can do it very quickly!
The header of letter must contain extension of encrypted files.
We always reply within 24 hours. If not – check spam folder, resend your letter or try send letter from another email service (like protonmail.com).
Do not rename or edit encrypted files: you may have permanent data loss.
Do not edit or delete any virtual machines files
To prove that we can recover your files, we am ready to decrypt any three files (less than 1Mb) for free (except databases, Excel and backups).
If you do not email us in the next 48 hours then your data may be lost permanently
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Gcahvv Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Gcahvv Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Gcahvv Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Gcahvv Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Gcahvv Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Gcahvv Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Gcahvv Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Gcahvv Ransomware from machine.
Remove Gcahvv Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Gcahvv Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Gcahvv Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Gcahvv Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Gcahvv Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Gcahvv Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Gcahvv Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Gcahvv Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Gcahvv Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Gcahvv Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Gcahvv Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files