Simple and easy steps to delete Gooogle.page from PC
Gooogle.page is described as potentially unwanted applications that operate as browser hijacker. This malware secretly invade into your computer and make several unwanted changes to perform various annoying activities without permission. It is known that it is promoted through a browser hijacker called Palo APP. In most cases, it has been seen that this type of apps promotes fake search engine by modifying certain browsers settings. Its main motive is to display lots of sponsored results to increase the web traffic of its partner websites. Further, this app is mainly designed to collect data related to user’s online browsing habits.
Moreover, Gooogle.page promotes fake search engines by infecting installed browsers as well as assigns its default settings like homepage, search engine and new tab. To search any query, users are insisted to visit hijacker’s websites that does not provide any unique results and redirect you to other legitimate search engine. Due to this change, users are unable to reset those settings until they remove installed browser hijackers as soon as possible. So, we recommend you not to use their bogus search engines whenever you open new browsing tabs/windows.
As mentioned earlier, most browser hijackers collect browsing data such as entered search queries, geo-locations, IP addresses, visited websites etc. In most cases, this app also collects personal as well as sensitive details. Further, developers behind this share all those details with third parties who misuse it to generate revenue. Thus, presence of data tracking software on computer causes several problems with browsing safety, online privacy and identity theft. So, we recommend you not to use any browser hijackers or fake search engines.
How did Gooogle.page install on my computer?
This malware has its own official websites but developers behind this use various different tricks to infiltrate this virus into your device. The most common and effective methods used by them are software bundling and intrusive advertising. In bundling techniques, bundled ads are offered for downloading/installing by packing and presenting them as a single. What’s more, developers do not reveal information about additionally included apps properly. They hide information about such apps behind custom or advance options of installation setups. Thus, users are in a hurry and skip all such available settings and often lead to inadvertent installation of unnecessary programs.
How to prevent intruding unwanted software?
It is highly recommended to research about content before downloading or installing it. To avoid intrusion of unnecessary programs, you are advised to use official websites and direct links to download and install any software. Avoid using questionable pages, free file hosting sites and other similar sources as they are used to distribute potentially malicious apps. You must be very cautious at the time of installation moment and never skip installation steps. Always select custom, advance or other similar settings of software setups. Always install reputable antivirus software and keep them updated to avoid this infection. Further, it is suggested not to click on ads that are displayed on unreliable pages because they usually redirect you to harmful websites.
The detection and deletion of Gooogle.page virus is possible through both manual and automatic processes. However, manual threat requires expertise skills because it is too lengthy and risky. If you have much knowledge then you can go through it. On the other hand, use Spyhunter an automatic malware removal tool that will help you to remove Gooogle.page completely and safely from the system.
Type: Browser hijacker, unwanted new tab, Search hijacker, Redirect
Infiltration: spam email attachments, updating system software, downloading unwanted programs, harmful websites, suspicious links and performing other online activities.
Functionality: This browser hijacker main intention is to enhance web browsing experience by providing accurate and unique results.
Symptoms: modifying web browser settings like default search engine, homepage and new tab URL. After that users are encouraged to visit hijacker’s websites in order to search any query by using their search engines.
Damage: display lots of unwanted and annoying advertisements, redirect to unreliable websites, loss of private information, internet browser tracking (possibly privacy issues).
Removal process: in order to keep the system web browser safe and secure from more issues, you are highly suggested to remove Gooogle.page by using strong antimalware tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Gooogle.page‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Gooogle.page as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Gooogle.page removal from computer
Gooogle.page is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Gooogle.page related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Gooogle.page and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Gooogle.page and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Gooogle.page related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Gooogle.page related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Gooogle.page in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Gooogle.page related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Gooogle.page and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Gooogle.page from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Gooogle.page and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Gooogle.page from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Gooogle.page related files is removed.
Delete Gooogle.page and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Gooogle.page related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Gooogle.page and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Gooogle.page related files is removed.
Remove Gooogle.page from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Gooogle.page related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Gooogle.page from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Gooogle.page from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Gooogle.page related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Gooogle.page related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Gooogle.page from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Gooogle.page related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Gooogle.page from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Gooogle.page in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Gooogle.page related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Gooogle.page in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Gooogle.page from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Gooogle.page related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Gooogle.page related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Gooogle.page related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Gooogle.page related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Gooogle.page removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Gooogle.page removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Gooogle.page and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Gooogle.page from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Gooogle.page related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Gooogle.page and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Gooogle.page related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Gooogle.page removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Gooogle.page related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button