Easy methods to delete Hidden Ransomware from PCs (Remove VoidCrypt Ransomware’s variants)
Threat Name: Hidden Ransomware, .Hidden File Virus, .Hidden File Extension Ransomware
Threat Type: Ransomware, File Virus, Crypto-Malware
Ransom note: “!INFO.hta”
File Extension: “.Hidden”
Cybercriminals’ email address: [email protected]
Description: This dubious crypto-malware locks all files of your computer and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers, and downloaders
Motives of cybercriminals: Aims to collect your sensitive information and shares it to illegal ones.
Ransomware removal method: To remove Hidden Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Data recovery solution: To restore all files locked by ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
How did Ransomware install on computer?
Ransomware or other similar malware are distributed in your computer through “Email Spam Campaigns”, Trojans, illegal activation tools, fake updaters and dubious download channels. Scammers use “Malspam campaigns” to trigger harmful malware like Trojan, ransomware (encryption module) or other malware in your machine. They send spam emails in your mailbox which contain some false-positive messages along with malicious hyperlinks and attachments. Once the attachments or hyperlinks presented in spam or irrelevant emails clicked, cybercriminals can install malicious programs or execute encryption module and starts locking all files of your computer. This dubious file virus can also come from illegal activation tools, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders. If you purchase license or activate the software installed in your computer from unofficial sources or using illegal activation tools, then you also allow them to run malicious scripts to download/install malicious applications in your machine.
What is Hidden Ransomware? What it does?
Hidden Ransomware is very dangerous file virus and computer infection that is belongs to “VoidCrypt Ransomware” family. Like other VoidCrypt Ransomware’s variants, this nasty crypto-malware operates by encrypting all files or data stored in your computer hard drive including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and other files of your computer. It renames each file by adding cybercriminals’ email address, victims’ unique ID and appending .Hidden File Extension. After encryption process is complete, “!INFO.hta” files as ransom notes are dropped in each folder of your computer that contain encrypted files. In other words, you can’t access or open your personal files anymore due to its nasty behaviors.
The ransom-demanding “!INFO.hta” ransom note states that all files of your computer hard drive have been locked and requires paying certain amount of extortion money in Bitcoin cryptocurrency for decryption within 48 hours after encryption. The ransom note contains the information about this nasty file virus, how you can decrypt or recover all files encrypted by ransomware, cybercriminals’ email address and ransom money details. As mentioned in ransom note, the only way to decrypt all files locked by ransomware is to purchase & use its decryption keys/tools. It claims that in order to renames locked files manually or use third party decryption software for decryption, you will lose your all files & folders of your computer permanently.
As proof that they have right decryption keys/tools for your files locked by ransomware, they provide initially free decryption keys for some encrypted files and ask you to send 2-4 locked files on email ID presented on ransom note. After free decryption test successful, they force you to pay demanded ransom money to decrypt rest of the files. It also claims that the ransom payment should be paid within 48 hours after encryption. You should never trust on them at any cases and avoid paying any amount of ransom money to them. If your System is already infected with this type of nasty malware or file virus, then you can try to remove Hidden Ransomware from machine as soon as possible, and after ransomware removal, you can try to restore all files locked by ransomware from a backup.
How to protect your System against Ransomware or other similar malware?
You should have strong backup of your all personal files stored in your computer on some safe external storage or on cloud storage. Note that if you have backup, then damaged or corrupted files can easily be restored in your computer. But before that, you should try to delete all components related of this nasty ransomware from machine. You can use strong antivirus software and run the scan for malware or viruses to them. However, you should be alert while surfing online and avoid opening any attachments or hyperlinks presented in spam or irrelevant emails. Never reply spam emails and try to block the senders’ email addresses from sending spam emails. Hover your mouse over any hyperlinks before click and double-check if the hyperlinks are belongs to some trustworthy sources.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
!!! Your Files Has Been Encrypted !!!
♦ your files has been locked with highest secure cryptography algorithm ♦
♦ there is no way to decrypt your files without paying and buying Decryption tool♦
♦ but after 48 hour decryption price will be double♦
♦ you can send some little files for decryption test♦
♦ test file should not contain valuable data♦
♦ after payment you will get decryption tool ( payment Should be with Bitcoin)♦
♦ so if you want your files dont be shy feel free to contact us and do an agreement on price♦
♦ !!! or Delete you files if you dont need them !!!
♦Your ID :-
our Email :[email protected]
In Case Of No Answer :[email protected]
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Hidden Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Hidden Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Hidden Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Hidden Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Hidden Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Hidden Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Hidden Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Hidden Ransomware from machine.
Remove Hidden Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Hidden Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Hidden Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Hidden Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Hidden Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Hidden Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Hidden Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Hidden Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Hidden Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Hidden Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Hidden Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files