Easy methods to delete Hupstore Ransomware from PCs (Ransomware removal and data recovery solution)
Threat Name: Hupstore Ransomware, .hupstore File Virus, .([email protected]) File Virus
Threat Type: Ransomware, File virus, Crypto-malware
File extension: “.([email protected])”
Ransom note: “Read Me!.hta”
Description: This nasty file virus encrypts/locks all types of files stored in your computer hard drive and drops the copies of ransom note in each folder of your computer.
Distribution methods: Malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your personal information and shares it to illegal ones.
Ransomware removal method: To remove Hupstore Ransomware and all the related components, we recommended you to scan your computer with strong antivirus software
Data recovery solution: To restore all files locked by Hupstore Ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
Ransomware distribution methods: How did Hupstore Ransomware infect computer?
What is Hupstore Ransomware? What it does?
Hupstore Ransomware is another file virus belongs to “GlobeImposter Ransomware” family. Like other GlobeImposter Ransomware’s variants, this dubious file virus locks/encrypts all types/formats of files including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and/or other formats of files. During encryption process, it renames each file by appending “.([email protected])” like “1.png” filename renamed to “1.png.([email protected])”. After encryption process is complete, “Read Me!hta” file as ransom note is dropped in each folder of your computer that claims to recover or decrypt all files locked by this ransomware immediately, once ransom money is paid.
The message displayed on “Read Me!hta” ransom note states that all files stored in your computer hard drive have been encrypted due to some security reasons, all of your locked data is saved on their secure server and requires paying certain amount of extension money in Bitcoin cryptocurrency for decryption. The ransom note contain information about this ransomware, how you can recover all files locked by ransomware, technical support’s email ID or cybercriminals’ email address and ransom money details. In other words, the ransom note states that the only way to decrypt files encrypted by ransomware is to purchase & use its decryption software, and in order to use third parties’ decryption software or renames locked files manually, they will delete all files of your computer permanently.
As a proof that they have right decryption keys/tools, they provide free decryption service for some encrypted files of your computer. It asks you to send 2-4 locked files on given email address for free decryption test. After successful free decryption test, it forces you to pay certain amount of ransom money in BTC to decrypt rest of the files. Keep in mind that they are not going to provide any decryption keys even when ransom money is paid. So, we recommended you to stop paying any amount of ransom money to them. If your System is already infected with this dubious file virus, then you should try to remove Hupstore Ransomware or similar malware from machine as soon as possible.
How to protect your System against Ransomware or related malware?
- Any links and attachments presented in spam/irrelevant emails must not be opened.
- Check if “Anti-Spam Filter” feature is enabled in your mail service you use like Gmail. Note that this feature when enabled, all the spammy emails automatically send to spam folder of your mail service, so you should enable it. Some antivirus software also offers this feature so you can enable it from there.
- Never reply spammy or irrelevant emails
- You should try to block the senders from sending spam emails
- Avoid activating any applications installed in your computer with fake software updaters or illegal software activation tools.
- Keep up-to-date all software including Operating System (OS), antivirus software and rest of the legitimate software installed in your computer.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
All your files have been [email protected]
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
(for the fastest possible response, write to all 3 mails at once!)
Write this ID in the title of your message:
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 5Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
How to obtain Bitcoins
The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click ‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price.
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Hurry up! The decryption keys for your files may be overwritten and then recovery of your files will not be possible! (this usually happens a week after encrypting your files.)
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Hupstore Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Hupstore Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Hupstore Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Hupstore Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Hupstore Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Hupstore Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Hupstore Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Hupstore Ransomware from machine.
Remove Hupstore Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Hupstore Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Hupstore Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Hupstore Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Hupstore Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Hupstore Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Hupstore Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Hupstore Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Hupstore Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Hupstore Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Hupstore Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files