Easy methods to delete Kut Ransomware (Dharma Ransomware’s variants)
Kut Ransomware or .[[email protected]].kut File Virus is very dangerous crypto-malware and computer infection that is belongs to Dharma Ransomware family. This dubious file virus operates by encrypting all files stored in your computer, renames them by appending .[[email protected]].kut File Extension, providing instructions on how to decrypt files encrypted by ransomware. For example, it renames a file named “1.png” to “1.png.id-C23553F22.[[email protected]].kut”. In other words, you can’t access or open your personal files anymore due to its dubious behaviors. When you try to open such locked files, then you get “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” text file as ransom note on System’s screen that claims to decrypt or recover your all files immediately, once you pay demanded ransom money to them.
Kut Ransomware is made using very powerful encryption algorithm by cybercriminals. The message displayed on ransom note states that the only way to decrypt your files is to contact cybercriminals via [email protected] or [email protected] email address presented on ransom note. As a rule, when you contact attackers behind this ransomware, you receive information including amount of ransom money for decryption software/keys, how to make a ransom payment, etc. However, it is common that you do not receive any decryption keys even after ransom money is paid.
In other words, you get scammed because they are not going to decrypt locked files or providing any decryption keys to decrypt files locked by ransomware. As a proof they provide some free decryption service that successfully decrypts 2-3 encrypted files for free. However, it forces you to pay huge amount of extortion money to decrypt rest of the files. It also claims that in order to renames locked files manually and/or use third parties’ decryption software, they will erase all files & folders of your computer permanently. However, ransom payment is not safe for online privacy & System security. In this case, the only way to decrypt your files without having to purchase any decryption software is to restore your files from a backup. But before restoring the files using backup, you should at first try to remove Kut Ransomware from machine as soon as possible.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” ransom note:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Ransomware distribution techniques:
Attempt to update licensed software package installed in your computer for free from unofficial sources, third party websites can cause installation of ransomware or other malware too. Another way to distribute ransomware is to tricks you into installing Trojan horse virus on your computer. These Trojans can cause download/install of malware or spyware. If your System is already infected with Kut Ransomware, then you can scan your System with powerful antivirus software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or viruses from machine.
- Any attachments or hyperlinks must not be opened/clicked presented in suspicious or irrelevant emails
- You should try to block senders from sending spam or irrelevant emails
- Anti-spam filter feature should be enabled. This feature automatically sends the spammy emails to spam folder of mail service you use. Note that in Gmail mail service, this feature is by default turned ON.
- Avoid activating any applications installed in your computer from unofficial sources
- Any applications should not be downloaded/installed from unofficial websites, peer-to-peer file sharing networks and other third parties’ sources
Threat Name: Kut Ransomware, .[[email protected]].kut File Virus
Threat Type: Ransomware, File virus, Crypto-Virus
Ransom note: FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
File extension: “.[[email protected]].kut”, or “.kut”
Description: This nasty file virus is able to lock all types or formats of files stored in your computer and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Malicious hyperlinks or attachments, suspicious emails, fake software updaters, downloaders and installers, malicious ads or popup
Motive of attackers: Aims to steal your personal details and shares it to illegal ones
Malware removal method: To remove Kut Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with strong antivirus software
Data recovery solution: To restore all files encrypted by Kut Ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Kut Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Kut Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Kut Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Kut Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Kut Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Kut Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Kut Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Kut Ransomware from machine.
Remove Kut Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Kut Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Kut Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Kut Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Kut Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Kut Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Kut Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Kut Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Kut Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Kut Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Kut Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files