Easy methods to delete .Lisp Ransomware from PCs (Remove DJVU/STOP Ransomware’s variants)
Threat Name: .Lisp Ransomware, .lisp File Virus
Threat Type: Ransomware, File Virus, Crypto-Malware, Files Locker
Ransom note: “_readme.txt”
Ransom: “$490 – $980” in Bitcoin Cryptocurrency
Description: This nasty file virus is able to lock all types/formats of files stored in your computer and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks, illegal activation tools, fake software updaters
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your personal information and shares these collected details to other attackers or third parties to generate some income from them
Ransomware removal method: To remove .Lisp Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Data recovery solution: To restore all files locked by ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
What is .Lisp Ransomware? What it does?
.Lisp Ransomware is very notorious file virus and computer infection that is belongs to “STOP/DVJU Ransomware” family. Like other DJVU/STOP Ransomware’s variants, this nasty file virus operates by encrypting/locking all types/formats of files including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and other formats of files stored in your computer hard drive. It renames each file by appending .lisp File Extension and after encryption process is finished, “_readme.txt” text files as ransom notes are dropped in each folder of your computer that contain locked files.
.Lisp Ransomware is made using AES-256 encryption algorithm techniques by cybercriminals. If your files got locked with a specific encryption algorithm, which is completely unique and there are no other copies. So it is hard to recover files locked by this ransomware without the unique key available. However, “_readme.txt” ransom note states that all files of your computer have been locked and requires paying $490 – $980 amount of extortion money in Bitcoin cryptocurrency to decrypt your files. It claims that the only way to recover your files is to purchase & use its decryption keys, and in order to renames locked files manually or uses third parties’ decryption software, you will lose your all personal files & folders permanently.
As proof that they have right decryption keys/tools for the files locked by .Lisp Ransomware, they provide initially free decryption service for some encrypted files and ask you to send 2-4 locked files on [email protected], [email protected] email address presented in ransom note. After free decryption test successful, they force you to pay demanded ransom money to decrypt rest of the files. But it is bogus at all. You should never trust on them at any cases and avoid paying any amount of extortion money to them. If your System is already infected with this type of ransomware, then you should try to remove .Lisp Ransomware and all the related components from machine as soon as possible.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
How did Ransomware install on computer?
Prevention tips: How to protect your System against Ransomware?
- Any hyperlinks and attachments presented in spam, suspicious or irrelevant emails must not be opened.
- You should try to block the senders’ email addresses from sending spam emails
- Avoid installing any applications from unofficial sources/websites
- Create backup or keep backup of your all personal files stored in your machine on some safe external storage or on cloud storage space.
- Scan the PC for malware or viruses with powerful antivirus software regularly.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘.Lisp Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like .Lisp Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for .Lisp Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
.Lisp Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove .Lisp Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove .Lisp Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with .Lisp Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to .Lisp Ransomware from machine.
Remove .Lisp Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of .Lisp Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by .Lisp Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by .Lisp Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like .Lisp Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by .Lisp Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about .Lisp Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by .Lisp Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like .Lisp Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by .Lisp Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by .Lisp Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files