Browser hijacked by Live-a-live.com: Is there any solution?
Live-a-live.com website is considered as browser hijacker. This dubious site shows politics & business and art & entertainment related news or loads related contents. It might possible this site helps you in any cases. However, it is potentially unwanted program (PUP) that spreads series of adware in your computer without your knowledge. Like other browser hijacker, this nasty malware is capable of hijacking your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and other web browsers by assigning address of some fake search engine to homepage, new tab URLs and search engine settings of your browser.
Live-a-live.com fills its platform with fake politics & business and art & entertainment related news or articles that claims it provides top & trustworthy news bulletins. But it is not true at all. Attackers behind this attack attempts to engage you on shady/questionable/third parties’ websites and trick you into downloading/installing potentially unwanted applications in your computer. Once such fake news or advertisements on Live-a-live.com site clicked, you will be redirected on other untrustworthy websites, install suspicious applications in your computer. This dubious site also tricks you into subscribing for its browser extensions by clicking “Allow” button on “Show Notifications” or “Push Notifications”.
Live-a-live.com website is also considered as adware. This dubious domain delivers lots of unwanted ads or popup on your browser in the form of banners, coupons, offers ads, commercial ads, fake news, fake software updates or security alert messages and other types of advertisements. These suspicious advertisements run malicious scripts or codes in your browser and/or operating System. It also blocks you from revert these changes means you can’t undo these changes made. Its main aim is to collect your personal information such as IP address, URLs search, login ID & password of your various accounts, banking information and more details. To prevent your System from further damage, it is important to remove Live-a-live.com adware from machine as soon as possible.
Potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) can be downloaded/installed in your computer through other software package as additional offers. Typically, additional programs, tools, features, plug-ins and so on are included in software packages which may associate with the software you download/install. But in most of the cases, cybercriminals use “Software bundling method” to add some malicious additional programs in regular software in some case, these suspicious programs can be included in some legitimate software. However, these malicious applications can be skipped or stopped from installing if you choose “Custom/advance/manual” settings in setup for installation.
As discussed above, PUAs can be downloaded/installed from freeware or shareware, legitimate software (in some case), untrustworthy sources/websites. So, it is recommended to double-research the software before download/installation and/or purchase. Any applications must not be downloaded from unofficial websites, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, fake software updaters, downloaders and installers. However, it is also important to read terms & conditions, explore all the available options, use custom/advance/manual settings in setup and remove all the unnecessary programs from the installation setup. If your System has already infected with Live-a-live.com or other malware, then you can try to remove them using strong antivirus software.
Threat Name: Live-a-live.com, Live-a-live.com Malware, Live-a-live.com browser hijacker
Threat Type: Adware, browser hijacker, redirect virus
Description: This dubious malware is able to hijack your browser by modifying certain browser’s settings without your knowledge and assigned address of some fake domain to the settings.
Distribution methods: Fake software updaters, installers or downloaders, malicious ads or popup messages, suspicious hyperlinks
Motives of cyber crooks: Aims to collect your crucial & confidential information and shares these collected details to other attackers or third parties to generate some income from them.
Malware removal method: To remove Live-a-live.com adware or similar infection, you can scan your computer with powerful anti-malware.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Live-a-live.com‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Live-a-live.com as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Live-a-live.com removal from computer
Live-a-live.com is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Live-a-live.com related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Live-a-live.com and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Live-a-live.com and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Live-a-live.com related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Live-a-live.com related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Live-a-live.com in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Live-a-live.com related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Live-a-live.com and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Live-a-live.com from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Live-a-live.com and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Live-a-live.com from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Live-a-live.com related files is removed.
Delete Live-a-live.com and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Live-a-live.com related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Live-a-live.com and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Live-a-live.com related files is removed.
Remove Live-a-live.com from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Live-a-live.com related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Live-a-live.com from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Live-a-live.com from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Live-a-live.com related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Live-a-live.com related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Live-a-live.com from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Live-a-live.com related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Live-a-live.com from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Live-a-live.com in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Live-a-live.com related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Live-a-live.com in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Live-a-live.com from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Live-a-live.com related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Live-a-live.com related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Live-a-live.com related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Live-a-live.com related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Live-a-live.com removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Live-a-live.com removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Live-a-live.com and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Live-a-live.com from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Live-a-live.com related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Live-a-live.com and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Live-a-live.com related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Live-a-live.com removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Live-a-live.com related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button