Know How To Restore Files from Locks Ransomware
Locks Ransomware is a file encrypting virus that belongs to Xorist Ransomware family. It encrypts the personal documents found on the victimized System and demands huge ransom for the decryption. It was discovered and distributed by the team of cyber hacker with the sole motive to earn illegal money through scam innocent users. It uses the powerful encryption algorithm AES and RSA to encrypt all stored files. It makes the System files completely inaccessible by appending the “.Lock” extension to its file names. After that it changes the wallpaper and creates ransom message within “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt” file which can be found in all folders that contain encrypted data and files.
The ransom note “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt” states that their all kind of personal and System files are encrypted by the powerful encryption algorithm therefore accessing even single file is impossible. The only way to restore files is to purchase the unique decryption tool. In order to restore you have to write an email to Locks Ransomware to receive further details such as instruction on how to pay for a decryption tool and its price. The price of the decryption tool is not specified, it is only depends on how fast victim will contact to its developer. They also offer to decrypt one non valuable file for free as a tested. The file size does not exceed from 1 MB. Victims are also warned , attempt to rename the encrypted files or try to decrypt them with some third party software may cause permanent data loss.
This is the ransom note that the Locks Ransomware ransomware will show to its victims:
All your personal FILES are now ENCRYPTED!
Don’t worry, you can get back all your files
I don’t want to lose your files too. If I want to do something nasty I would have wiped out all of your data
but that is not helping me. 🙂
So temporarily all of your files are mine now until you pay the service cost of recovering them.
If you want to recover them contact me at the email below, I’ll be more than happy to help you to get out of this situation.
You have got 48 hours exactly before you lost your files forever.
Failing which, the price to recover double with every 48 hours passing!
Rest assured, all your files will be recovered once payment is received.
The Price to get all things back to normal: US$ 1500
My BTC Wallet : [removed]
Email : [email protected]
Should Victim Pay Ransom Money:
Victim should not Pay ransom money to the hacker because there is no any guaranteed that cyber-criminal will send decryption tool even after received money. In most of the cases victim who pay ransom money they got scammed. Most of the victim complained that cyber-criminal close all the way of communication just after received ransom money. Therefore victims who pay ransom to the cyber criminal they can lose their data and money both. So the paying money too risky and never try to pay to the hacker.
How To Restore Files from Locks Ransomware
Paying money to the hacker is too risky so victim never tries to send ransom. If you’re System files are already infected with this ransomware and you want to restore data without paying the ransom. Then you are highly advice to remove Locks Ransomware firstly and completely from the system. After completed removal process you can restore data from the backup if you have otherwise you can restore data or files by using third party recovery tool.
How did Locks Ransomware infect your System?
Locks Ransomware usually infect your System via the spam email campaign, Downloading and installing freeware program, Updating System Software, Clicking on malicious links and performing other annoying activities. Spam email campaign used to send thousands of deceptive emails with attached malicious files like as word, documents, PDF, Java, Exe and other types of files which looks legitimate and comes from reputable organisation. While users open these malicious files then the Ransomware program activated and gets installed into the System without any user’s knowledge.
Downloading and installing freeware from third party webpage with careless or without checking custom or advance options cause the infiltration of lots of infections. Updating System Software from irrelevant sources might offers to installation of unwanted program which may leads lots of infections..
How To Prevent the System from Locks Ransomware:
We are highly suggested do not receive the attachments of spam email which comes through unknown address. Don’t try to open any file without checking the sender address, grammatical error and spelling mistakes. Users must be avoiding the installation of freeware program from third party webpage. Read the installation guide carefully till the end. Select custom or advance options as well as other similar settings. Users must update the System from relevant sources. Don’t try to click on malicious and suspicious links even accidentally. In order to keep the System Safe and secure from further issues please scan the system with reputable antimalware tool.
Name: Locks Ransomware
Threat Type: Ransomware, File virus
Description: It is mainly designed to encrypt data of the target System and demands ransom money in order to receive decryption tool.
Encrypted File Extension: Locks Ransomware
Ransom Note: “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt”
Distribution Methods: Spam mail file attachments, bundling methods, clicking on malicious links, visiting commercial site, updating system software
Removal Tool: In order to keep the system safe and secure please scans the System with reputable antimalware tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Locks Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Locks Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Locks Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Locks Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Locks Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Locks Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Locks Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Locks Ransomware from machine.
Remove Locks Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Locks Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Locks Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Locks Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Locks Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Locks Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Locks Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Locks Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Locks Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Locks Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Locks Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files