Immediate steps to delete LOG Ransomware
LOG Ransomware is a kind of deadly malware infection that comes under the family of Dharma ransomware. This dubious malware silently invade into your computer and encrypt all your essential files stored inside your PC without having user’s approval. The locked file could be your important databases, videos, games, audios and other valuable information. An unusual additional extension gets added in every infected file that indicates all files have been locked and is no more accessible.
Like the other version, it uses powerful combination of AES and RSA encryption algorithm in order to encrypt files. As soon as it settles down, it does a quick scan of computer hard disk in search of the files that it could encrypt. The infected files are appended with cyber criminals email address, original filename, unique ID and by appending “.LOG” extension. The related ransom note named FILES ENCRYPTED.txt is dropped on the desktop as well as every folder containing the locked files.
Through the ransom note, users are asked to pay ransom money within 72 hours after encryption to get the decryption key otherwise the file will be encrypted or damaged permanently. You are also provided an email ID that belongs to cyber criminals and used it for communication with the developers. Users are also suggested to use alternative email address if they did not receive response from the cyber criminals within 12 hours. Remember, paying the money to the cyber criminals and even contacting them is not the correct solution.
Text presented in LOG Ransomware’s pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
How to recover the files encrypted by LOG Ransomware?
It is very easy to restore the locked files if you have backup that one has created earlier before malware attack. The backup should be in some external storage device such as Pen Drive, USB drives etc. In case, backup files are not found you can get some help from “Volume Shadow Copies” which is temporary backup file created by OS are available or also has been deleted. In case, if both options are not available then the last option for you to retrieve the encrypted files is to use third party data recovery tool. Remember that all such options will work only when LOG Ransomware is deleted permanently from the computer because if this malware stay in your device for long time then it could encrypt rest of the files found on your desktop.
Cyber researchers think numerous techniques that could be possible for LOG Ransomware and other malware distribution of malicious payloads. Such methods include Trojans, untrustworthy software downloading sources, spam email campaigns, fake software updating tools and illegal activation tools. Among all these sources, the most popular and common method is spam campaigns. Cyber offender often sends thousand of spam mail like word file, exe file, torrent file and other types of file in order to trick user. Such types of files contain lots of dubious malware that gets activated when user open them. Due to this users are highly advised not to open such infectious files that especially come from unknown addresses or look irrelevant.
Remove LOG Ransomware
Complete removal instructions of ransomware infections have been provided below under this article in step by step manner. Go through it so that you will not find any trouble while performing malware removal process. So, in order to remove LOG Ransomware you are advised to take quick and immediate steps as well as use reliable antivirus removal tool that has the capability to eliminate infiltrated malware soon from the computer.
Name: LOG Ransomware
Threat Type: Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker
Cyber Criminal Contact: [email protected]
Symptoms: Files encrypted with “.LOG” extension, ransom demanding message appears on the desktop screen. Cyber criminals demand ransom in the form of Bitcoin to unlock files.
Encrypted Files Extension: .LOG (files are also appended with unique ID and cyber criminals email address).
Ransom Demanding Message: FILES ENCRYPTED.txt and text presented in the pop-up window.
Distribution methods: Infected email attachments (macros), torrent websites, malicious ads, porn or torrent sites, bundles of software, unsafe file sharing network and many more.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying a ransom. Additional password-stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed together with a ransomware infection.
Removal: In order to remove LOG Ransomware, we recommend you to use some reliable process. Once malware gets removed, recover your files using backup or other data recovery tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘LOG Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like LOG Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for LOG Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
LOG Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove LOG Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove LOG Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with LOG Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to LOG Ransomware from machine.
Remove LOG Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of LOG Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by LOG Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by LOG Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like LOG Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by LOG Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about LOG Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by LOG Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like LOG Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by LOG Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by LOG Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files