Lucifer Virus removal instructions
Lucifer Virus is identified as dangerous Trojan infection that uses evil tricks and tactics to take complete control over computer and cause plenty of annoying troubles. It has been developed by group of cyber hackers with their evil motives and wrong intention. Once manages to get inside, it starts targeting your secret information including banking details, credit card and others. It is necessary for you to take immediate initiative for removal of this threat. Its presence for longer time can tends situation to other dangerous problems on compromised PC.
Threat summary of Lucifer Virus
Category: Trojan virus, Data stealing infection, banking malware
Level of Danger: High
Damages Caused: Your computer gets added to server of remote hackers, secret information like passwords, banking login details are stolen, several duplicate files gets placed and corrupt entries gets added without your permission
Symptoms: You will find difficult to add new hardware or software components, background image and settings like font sizes, themes and others gets modified, Your PC takes long time to respond even for normal tasks such as mouse clicks, opening and shutting down PC and others
Entry method: Targets your computer through spam or junk email attachments, visiting adult websites, shareware or freeware downloads, use of infected storage device, p2p sharing of files, bundling method and others
Removal process: You can try for Spyhunter security tool, it allows you to scan your entire drive and search for malicious threat. If you find any suspicious threat during scanning, it is necessary for you to take quick action for Lucifer Virus removal.
Dangerous action taken by Lucifer Virus on compromised PC
Lucifer Virus is capable of adding harmful codes to boot section and start up without your any permission or knowledge. It installs keystrokes and keyloggers on targeted machine to trace your every browsing movement and collect data such as IP addresses, your banking information, password of social sites and others. All these gathered details are automatically transported to remote server of hackers that are further misused for personal benefits. It targets all popular browsers such as Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome and others. Dealing with this infection is really difficult due to its feature to change location and name at regular interval.
Besides, it takes advantages of security loopholes and network vulnerabilities to drop other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor and others. It interrupts your online session and restricts to perform normal tasks both online and offline. To get rid out of all such annoying troubles, it is advised to take immediate action to remove Lucifer Virus and all its related files. If this threat sustain on your computer for longer time, you have come across problems like crashes or freezes of computer, hamper of vital hardware components, deletion of important system files and others.
Entry techniques used by hackers to infect with Lucifer Virus
There are several illegal and unethical methods used by hackers to target your PC. It mainly attacks via spam email campaigns, fake software updates, visiting adult domains, shareware or freeware download, use of infected storage device, etc. The spam or junk email attachments coming from unknown source and have attachments with attractive title such as important, priority, official and others are root cause for Lucifer Virus. When you open such emails and download its attachment, it adds malicious codes that root deep inside your computer and cause plenty of annoying troubles. The attachments are in form of PDF documents, word files, java script, executable files and others. You need to beware of such emails that come with genuine looking email IDs but carries frauds attachment loaded with viruses.
Steps to remove Lucifer Virus permanently
For complete elimination of this creepy malware, you have two effective methods named as automatic and manual guide. Automatic process of installation uses powerful Spyhunter security tool. It helps you scan your entire drive and search for malicious threats and allows you to eradicate infected files. Another method has cumbersome and lengthy method, it needs strong skills of system files and registry entries for effective and safe Lucifer Virus removal. Therefore, it is advised to opt for automatic guide for complete and instant termination of this infection.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Lucifer Virus‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Lucifer Virus as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Lucifer Virus removal from computer
Lucifer Virus is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Lucifer Virus related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Lucifer Virus and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Lucifer Virus and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Lucifer Virus related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Lucifer Virus related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Lucifer Virus in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Lucifer Virus related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Lucifer Virus and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Lucifer Virus from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Lucifer Virus and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Lucifer Virus from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Lucifer Virus related files is removed.
Delete Lucifer Virus and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Lucifer Virus related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Lucifer Virus and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Lucifer Virus related files is removed.
Remove Lucifer Virus from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Lucifer Virus related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Lucifer Virus from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Lucifer Virus from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Lucifer Virus related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Lucifer Virus related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Lucifer Virus from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Lucifer Virus related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Lucifer Virus from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Lucifer Virus in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Lucifer Virus related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Lucifer Virus in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Lucifer Virus from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Lucifer Virus related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Lucifer Virus related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Lucifer Virus related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Lucifer Virus related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Lucifer Virus removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Lucifer Virus removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Lucifer Virus and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Lucifer Virus from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Lucifer Virus related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Lucifer Virus and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Lucifer Virus related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Lucifer Virus removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Lucifer Virus related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button