Easy methods to delete Magnifier Search browser hijacker
Magnifier Search is another rough application categorized as browser hijacker. This dubious malware operates by modifying default homepage, new tab URLs and search engine of your browser with “magnifier-app.xyz” address of bogus search engine. It is also designed to monitor your online activities by installing fake browser helper objects (BHOs) and collect your browsing-related data or sensitive information. These fake browser helper objects can be unwanted extensions, add-ons and plug-ins that are also categorized as potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), attempt to open other malicious sites or loads misleading contents.
“Magnifier-app.xyz” bogus search engine promoted by Magnifier Search web application always shows bogus results and attempt to engage you on scam/shady/untrustworthy websites, and tricks you into installing malicious applications in your machine. These rough applications initially blocks all the security applications running in your computer including antivirus software to avoid the detection of malicious activities related to this malware. However, it spreads series of adware in your computer and starts corrupting major genuine functions or applications of your computer without your knowledge. It can trigger several other vulnerability or bugs in the form of BSoD error, Windows update component missing/corrupted and/or other issues that can be very dangerous for you.
As mentioned above, attackers behind Magnifier Search malware installs fake browser helper objects in your browser that allows the attackers to trace your online habits and steal your sensitive information. They can collect your browsing-related data or personal information such as IP address, URLs search, login ID & password of your various accounts, banking information and more details. They can share these collected data to other attackers or third parties to generate some income from them or misused for illegal purposes. If your System is already infected with this type of malware, then you should try to remove Magnifier Search and related adware from machine as soon as possible.
Threat Name: Magnifier Search, Magnifier Search browser hijacker, Magnifier Search adware
Threat Type: Adware, browser hijacker, redirect virus, PUA
Affected browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera
Description: Able to hijack your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and/or other web browsers.
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious ads or popup, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your personal information and shares it to illegal ones
Malware removal methods: To remove Magnifier Search adware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
PUAs or Adware distribution methods:
If you download/install any applications from unofficial sources, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders, and other third parties’ sources, then you also download PUAs, adware or malware in your computer as additional offers. This false marketing of packing regular or genuine software with PUAs or malicious additions is known as “Software bundling method”, used by cybercriminals to install malware or viruses in your machine. It happens only when you choose “Recommended/Express/Quick” settings in setup of download software during installation. Note that these settings allow you to install all the additions including extensions or plug-ins, features, tools and/other programs included in software package. With these settings, malware or viruses can be installed. But it is possible to avoid the installation of these rough additions by unticking their checkboxes in custom/advance/manual settings in setup of installation software.
How to protect your System against PUAs or adware?
It is strongly recommended to double-research the software before download/installation and/or purchase, and avoids installing any applications from unofficial websites, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, fake software downloaders, installers and updaters. You should always try to download all the applications from official websites or via direct links. During software installation, you should choose custom/advance/manual settings in setup of download software and remove all the unnecessary programs or malicious additions by unticking their checkboxes in these settings. To protect your System against malware or viruses, you can scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Magnifier Search‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Magnifier Search as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Magnifier Search removal from computer
Magnifier Search is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Magnifier Search related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Magnifier Search and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Magnifier Search and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Magnifier Search related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Magnifier Search related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Magnifier Search in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Magnifier Search related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Magnifier Search and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Magnifier Search from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Magnifier Search and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Magnifier Search from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Magnifier Search related files is removed.
Delete Magnifier Search and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Magnifier Search related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Magnifier Search and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Magnifier Search related files is removed.
Remove Magnifier Search from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Magnifier Search related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Magnifier Search from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Magnifier Search from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Magnifier Search related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Magnifier Search related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Magnifier Search from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Magnifier Search related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Magnifier Search from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Magnifier Search in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Magnifier Search related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Magnifier Search in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Magnifier Search from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Magnifier Search related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Magnifier Search related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Magnifier Search related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Magnifier Search related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Magnifier Search removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Magnifier Search removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Magnifier Search and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Magnifier Search from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Magnifier Search related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Magnifier Search and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Magnifier Search related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Magnifier Search removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Magnifier Search related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button