Browser hijacked by Mainchargenews.com: Is there any solution? [Malware removal Method]
Threat Name: Mainchargenews.com, Mainchargenews.com adware, Mainchargenews.com browser hijacker
Threat Type: Adware, PUAs, browser hijacker, redirect virus
Affected browsers: Google Chrome, IE, Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox
Description: This dubious domain is designed to hijack your main browser by modifying certain settings of your browser.
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious ads or popups, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers and installers
Motives of cybercriminals: Aims to collect your browsing-related data or sensitive information and shares these collected data to illegal ones.
Malware removal method: To remove Mainchargenews.com adware or similar infections, you can scan your System with powerful antivirus software.
How did potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), adware or malware install on computer?
- Software Bundling Method: This is mostly used mechanism to spread malware or viruses in your machine. These rough applications can be downloaded/installed from other software packages as additional offers.
- By ignoring custom/advance/manual settings: If you choose “Recommended/Quick/Express” settings instead of choosing custom/advance/manual settings in software installation setups, then you also allow them to install all the additional offers including malicious additions in machine.
- Malicious advertisements or popups: Some malicious advertisements are designed to run certain scripts to download/installs PUAs, adware or malware in machine.
- Unofficial/unknown sources: PUAs or adware can be downloaded/installed from unofficial sources, peer-to-peer files sharing network, fake software downloaders, installers and updaters.
What is Mainchargenews.com? What it does?
Mainchargenews.com is rough domain considered as both adware and browser hijacker both. This nasty domain is designed to run malicious advertisements campaigns, making several unwanted modifications in browser’s settings in order to promote addresses of some fake search engine, and collect your browsing-related data or personal information. Like other browser hijacker, this dubious domain hijacks your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and/or other browsers. It changes the default setting of homepage, new tab URLs and search engine of your browser with addresses of some fake search engines.
Mainchargenews.com also prevents/blocks you from revert these changes means you can’t undo the changes made. It installs some fake browser helper objects like unwanted extensions, plug-ins or add-ons in your browser. It might possible these fake BHOs help you in any cases. However, it is potentially unwanted application (PUA) that spreads series of adware in your computer and starts corrupting major genuine functions or applications of your computer without your knowledge. Some fake BHOs are designed to monitor your online activities and collect your browsing-related data or other sensitive information and shares these collected details to illegal ones.
Keep in mind that Mainchargenews.com has data tracking abilities means attackers behind this malware can attempt to collect your personal information such as IP address, URLs search, username & password of your various accounts, age, address or geolocation, banking information and more details. The gathered data is then shared with other attackers or third parties to generate some revenue from them. However, it can bombard your computer with other harmful malware like Trojan, ransomware, worms or other malware that can make your System useless. So, it is important to remove Mainchargenews.com adware from machine as soon as possible.
Prevention tips: How to protect your System against PUAs, adware or malware?
- Any applications must not be downloaded/installed from unofficial/unknown websites, peer-to-peer files sharing network, fake software updaters, downloaders and installers, and other third parties’ sources.
- You should always download/install and/or purchase any application from official sources or via direct links
- During installation, you should always choose “Custom/Advance/Manual” settings instead of choosing “Recommended/Quick/Express” settings in setups of download software package and remove all the unnecessary programs by unticking their checkboxes.
- Avoid visiting untrustworthy websites and avoid clicking any links/buttons, ads or popup appeared on such platforms.
- Scan the PC for malware or viruses with powerful antivirus software regularly.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Mainchargenews.com‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Mainchargenews.com as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Mainchargenews.com removal from computer
Mainchargenews.com is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Mainchargenews.com related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Mainchargenews.com and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Mainchargenews.com and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Mainchargenews.com related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Mainchargenews.com related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Mainchargenews.com in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Mainchargenews.com related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Mainchargenews.com and other malicious programs in the list