Effective guide to delete My Office Tools
My Office Tools is dangerous infection that could be quite irritating and its removal is very important for the safety of the system. This domain is marked as malicious as it is used by hackers for promoting third party ads, suspicious sites and sponsored search results. However, because of its infiltration method it is considered as potentially unwanted applications. Simply, we can say that it is piece of dubious software operates by making alterations into browser settings. Further, such apps are also has data tracking abilities.
Furthermore, this type of threat is mainly designed to infect all installed browser on the targeted computer such as Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google chrome and others. As soon as this malware invade inside, it will modify your browser settings including changing your homepage and search engine in order to promote hmyofficetools.co a fake search engine. By doing so, every time users are insisted to visit hijackers sites whenever they open new browsing tab or entered any query into URL bar. Therefore, recovering to affected browser is impossible.
As mentioned earlier that My Office Tools has data tracking ability. It can monitor users browsing habits and collect information including IP address, pages viewed, entered search queries and other similar details. What’s more, browser hijacker developers share all gathered details with third parties who misuse it into generating revenue. Thus, presence of data tracking apps causes problems relating to online privacy, browsing safety and even identity theft. So, removal of dubious applications should be done immediately.
How did My Office Tools install on my PC?
In most cases, downloads of PUAs should only be done by their own official download WebPages. However, developers behind this use dubious marketing method of packing software with unwanted products or contents are called bundling. While installing, information about bundled apps is not found as they are hidden behind custom or advance options of download/installation processes. However, not all people check all those available settings and leave them unchanged and often cause inadvertent installation of unnecessary apps. Unwanted downloads can also be happen by clicking on intrusive advertisements. Once clicked, those ads can execute scripts that are designed to download and install potentially unwanted applications.
How to avoid installation of PUAs?
All software should be researched carefully before downloading or installing it. Other untrustworthy sources should be avoided as they can commonly offer bundled or deceptive content. For any programs and files download, use only official websites and direct download links. Moreover, it is important to read terms and agreements carefully while installing any program. Further, it is not safe to click on intrusive ads especially if they are displayed on dubious pages as they often redirect people to unreliable websites or even download and install unwanted apps.
Remove My Office Tools
Complete removal threat has been described below under this post in step by step manner. Go through it so that you will not find any trouble while performing virus removal process. Instead this, you can install some reputable antivirus removal tool that has the capability to remove My Office Tools completely and safely from the system.
Name: My Office Tools
Type: Browser Hijacker, Redirect, Search Hijacker, Toolbar, Unwanted New Tab
Functionality: My Office Tools supposed to improve web browsing experience
Description: This harmful malware inject malicious codes on your browser as well as in your PC settings that cause major damage.
Symptoms: Manipulated Internet browser settings (homepage, default Internet search engine, new tab settings). Users are forced to visit the hijacker’s website and search the Internet using their search engines.
Distribution methods: Deceptive pop-up ads, free software installers (bundling), fake Flash Player installers, harmful websites, porn or torrent sites and many more.
Damage: Internet browser tracking (potential privacy issues), display of unwanted ads, redirects to dubious websites.
Removal: In order to remove My Office Tools, we recommend you to use reliable anti-malware removal tool such as Spyhunter.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘My Office Tools‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like My Office Tools as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for My Office Tools removal from computer
My Office Tools is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove My Office Tools related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of My Office Tools and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove My Office Tools and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate My Office Tools related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if My Office Tools related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of My Office Tools in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if My Office Tools related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate My Office Tools and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove My Office Tools from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by My Office Tools and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete My Office Tools from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if My Office Tools related files is removed.
Delete My Office Tools and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop My Office Tools related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to My Office Tools and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if My Office Tools related files is removed.
Remove My Office Tools from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate My Office Tools related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove My Office Tools from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to My Office Tools from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove My Office Tools related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for My Office Tools related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to My Office Tools from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate My Office Tools related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to My Office Tools from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with My Office Tools in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if My Office Tools related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to My Office Tools in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to My Office Tools from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find My Office Tools related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall My Office Tools related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove My Office Tools related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate My Office Tools related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of My Office Tools removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of My Office Tools removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove My Office Tools and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of My Office Tools from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find My Office Tools related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove My Office Tools and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove My Office Tools related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of My Office Tools removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against My Office Tools related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button