Delete NocryCrypt0r ransomware and recover locked files
NocryCrypt0r ransomware is file encryption virus that belongs to ransomware family. It is most malicious computer infection that is designed by the team of cyber hackers with the sole motive to extract huge ransom money by the phishing innocent users. The main goal of this virus is to encrypt data as well as ask huge ransom money to access them. It renames files by adding “.partially.nocry” as their new extensions.
After successfully completing locking process, ransomware creates a ransom notes in a text file named “CryptoJoker Recovery Information.txt”. As usual, the created text file contains instructions such as price of decryption key, how to pay for it and many more details. Once contacted, users are asked to transfer 50 € in Bitcoins to the provided BTC wallet address and wait until developers will send a key that will help victims to decrypt files.
The ransom note also contains instructions that once payments are submitted, victims will receive the key within 8 hours. In most of the cases, it has been noticed that even after making complete payment, cyber criminals behind this do not send a decryption key/tools. In other words, users who trust on ransomware developers often get scammed. Therefore, it is highly suggested to the victims not to make a deal with the devil.
Text presented in the “CryptoJoker Recovery Information.txt” ransom note:
Hello! I am NocryCrypt0r
My name is NocryCrypt0r. I have encrypted all your precious files including images, videos,
songs, text files, word files and etc. So long story short, you are screwed… but you are lucky
in a way. Why is that ?? I am ransomware that leave you an unlimited amount of time to gather the money
to pay me. I am not gonna go somewhere, neither do your encrypted files.
- Can i get my precious files back??
Answer: Ofcourse you can. There is just a minor detail. You have to pay to get them back.
- Ok, how i am gonna get them back?
Answer: You have to pay 50€ in bitcoin.
- There isn’t any other way to get back my files ?
Answer: Nahhh. Just our service.
- Ok, what i have to do then ?
Answer: Simply, you will have to pay 50€ to this bitcoin address: 1yh3eJjuXwqqXgpu8stnojm148b8d6NFQ . When time comes to send me the money, make sure to include your e-mail and your personal ID(you can see it bellow) in the extra information box (it may apper also as ‘Extra Note’ or ‘optional message’) in order to get your personal decryption key. It may take up to 6-8 hours to take your personal decryption key.
- What the heck bitcoin is ?
Answer: Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system. You can see more information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin . I recommend to use ‘Coinbase’ or ‘Bitcoin Wallet’ as a bitcoin wallet, if you are new to the bitcoin-wallet. Ofcourse you can pay me from whatever bitcoin wallet you want, it deosn’t really matter.
- Is there any chance to unclock my files for free ?
Answer: Not really. After 1-2 or max 3 years there is propably gonna be released a free decryptor. So if you want to wait… it’s fine. As i said, i am not gonna go somewhere.
- What i have to do after getting my decryption key ?
Answer: Simple. Just press the decryption button bellow. Enter your decryption key you received, and wait until the decryption process is done.
Your personal ID: –
Some of the most common files encrypted by NocryCrypt0r ransomware:
.sql, .mp4, .7z, .m4a, .csv, .vdf, .hkdb, .syncdb, .gho, .cas, .svg, .bkp, .icxs, .hvpl, .zip, .ncf, ,mov, .sis, .map, .ibank, .t12, .t13 and many more.
Cyber security expert’s advice
In such a condition, the first thing you need to do is to remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware to generate a decryption key from the machine as soon as possible. To do that easily and effectively, scan your PC with some reputable antivirus program. After that, try to recover the infected files by using an existing backup, shadow copies. In case, both the two options are not available then try some free third party data recovery program for the files retrieval.
Intrusion tactics of NocryCrypt0r ransomware:
There are several methods cyber criminals use to proliferate NocryCrypt0r ransomware. However, mostly they prefer email spam campaign as a tool to infiltrate malware. In this, lots of emails are sending out to the internet that coerces recipients into thinking that that emails are coming from genuine source. However, these emails have some attached link of downloading PDF documents, archive etc that is additionally attached with some malicious scripts.
Fake software updater that usually offer outdated software bugs/flaws could cause the ransomware infiltration. Apart from this, untrustworthy software download sources such as freeware downloader’s/installers, unofficial pages, free file hosting sites and other tools are also being used as a trick to infiltrate ransomware and other malware. Thus, you should avoid such sources if you want your system not being infected by this nasty threat.
Remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware
Complete removal instructions have been described below in step by step manner. Follow it so that you will not find any trouble while performing malware removal process. You can also use professional automatic malware removal tool that can remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware easily and effectively from the infected system.
Name: NocryCrypt0r ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus, File-lockers
Short Description: Aims to render the files on the compromised computers by it to no longer be able to be opened In order to extort victims into paying ransom to get their files back.
Ransom Amount: 50 € in Bitcoins
Symptoms: Files cannot be opened and have the .partially.nocry file extension. The ransomware drops a ransom note containing the extortionists’ message.
Ransom demanding note: CryptoJoker Recovery Information.txt
Distribution Spam Emails, Email Attachments, bundled freeware, porn or torrent sites, malicious ads and by using many other methods.
Damage: all files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying money. Other additional malware infections can be invaded together with ransomware infection.
Removal and Data Recovery: Advised to immediately scan with powerful anti-malware tool. Once PC gets cleaned, use backup files for recovery. The other option is to use data recovery tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘NocryCrypt0r ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like NocryCrypt0r ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for NocryCrypt0r ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
NocryCrypt0r ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with NocryCrypt0r ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to NocryCrypt0r ransomware from machine.
Remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of NocryCrypt0r ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by NocryCrypt0r ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by NocryCrypt0r ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like NocryCrypt0r ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by NocryCrypt0r ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about NocryCrypt0r ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by NocryCrypt0r ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like NocryCrypt0r ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by NocryCrypt0r ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by NocryCrypt0r ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files