Files encrypted by PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware (Xorist Ransomware’s variants): Is there any solution?
PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware is another crypto-malware belongs to Xorist Ransomware family demands 700 EUR in Bitcoin for decryption. This dubious file virus operates by encrypting all types of files stored in your computer by appending its extension “….PAY_IN_MAXIM_24_HOURS_OR_ALL_YOUR_FILES_WILL_BE_PERMANENTLY_DELETED_PLEASE_BE_REZONABLE_you_have_only_1_single_chance_to_make_the_payment”. After encryption process is finish, “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt” text files as ransom note and dropped into compromised folders of your computer. The message displayed on ransom note states that they have right decryption keys/tools for all files locked by ransomware on their servers, and requires ransom payments to recover your files.
“HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt” ransom note states that all files of your computer have been locked with unique encryption key and only way to decrypt files encrypted by this ransomware is to purchase & use its decryption keys/tools. It also states the decryption keys must be purchased within 24 hours after encryption for 700 EUR in Bitcoin cryptocurrency. You are promised to be send the decryption tools/keys once ransom payment is verified. But like other highly dangerous file virus, PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware works in same way and they are not going to provide any decryption keys even when ransom money is paid.
As a proof that they have right decryption keys, they provide free decryption service initially for some encrypted files. They ask you to send 2-3 locked files on the email address presented on ransom note for free recovery. After successful free decryption test, they force to pay demanded ransom money within 24 hours to decrypt all files locked by this ransomware. Keep in mind that you will not receive any decryption keys even after ransom payment. So, you should at first try to remove PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware from machine as soon as possible to prevent this attack from further encryptions. After ransomware removal, you can try to restore locked files from a backup that was created before infection and was stored in some different location either in external storage or on cloud storage.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
All your important files were BLOCKED on this computer.
Encrtyption was produced using unique KEY generated for this computer.
To decrypted files, you need to otbtain private key.
The single copy of the private key, with will allow you to decrypt the files, is locate on a secret server on the internet;
The server will destroy the key within 24 hours after encryption completed.
REMEMBER YOU HAVE ONLY 24 HOURS TO PAY EVERITHING IS AUTOMATICALLY!
To retrieve the private key, you need to pay 700-EURO
PLEASE BE REZONABLE PAYMENT IS LITTLE ONLY 700 EURO
WE ACCEPT ONLY PAYMENT TO BITCOIN!
Bitcoins have to be sent to this address: 3J1MD7EAzdaYeWBDA71t7NShkC64W4a41T
After you’ve sent the payment send us an email to : [email protected] with subject : ERROR-ID-6310700
If you are not familiar with bitcoin you can buy it from here :
SITE : www.localbitcoin.com
After we confirm the payment , we send the private key so you can decrypt your system.
Like other ransomware, PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware are generally distributed via Trojans, email spam campaigns, fake software updaters, installers or downloaders and other third parties’ sources. Trojans type malware can cause chain infections likes download/install additional malware or spyware. “Email Spam Campaigns” technique is used by scammers or malware programmers to deliver ransomware or other malware in your computer.
Any hyperlinks or attachments presented in suspect or irrelevant emails must not be opened/clicked. You should check if these spammy emails are appeared in “Spam folder” of your computer. If these irrelevant emails are “inbox” folder instead of “Spam folder”, then you should check if “Anti-spam filter” is enabled or not. Enabled anti-spam filter features automatically send any spammy emails to the “Spam folder” of your mail service you use. Note that this feature is by default enabled in Gmail mail service. If address of senders who are sending spammy or irrelevant emails are not known, then you should immediately send such email address to blocklist to block them from sending spam emails in future and also note that don’t reply to these types of emails in any cases in future.
Threat Name: PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware
Threat Type: Ransomware, File virus, Crypto-malware
Ransom note: “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt”
Ransom amount: 700 EUR in BTC
Description: This dubious file virus locks all files stored in your machine and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Malicious emails and email attachments, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, downloaders and installers
Malware removal method: To remove PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware or similar infection, we recommended you to scan your computer with strong antivirus software
Data recovery solution: To restore all files locked by PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware, you can use powerful data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware from machine.
Remove PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by PAY IN 24 HOURS Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files