Files encrypted by Peace Ransomware: Is there any solution?
Peace Ransomware is another file virus and computer infection belongs to “VoidCrypt Ransomware” (or “Void Ransomware” – made using AES & RSA encryption algorithm techniques) family. Like other “VoidCrypt Ransomware”, this dubious file virus encrypts/locks all files of your computer, renames each file and drops ransom note. During encryption process, it modifies each file by adding “[email protected]” email address, victim’s ID and appending .Peace File Extension. For example, it renames file named “1.png” to “1.png.[[email protected]][5AH4CRT79BGYIXU].Peace”. After encryption process is complete, “!INFO.hta” file as ransom note is dropped in each folder that contains locked files.
As mentioned in “!INFO.hta” ransom note, the only way to decrypt locked files by ransomware is to purchase & use its decryption software. It also claims that in order to renames encrypted files manually or use third parties’ decryption software/tools, you will lose your all personal files or data permanently. The ransom note contains the information about Peace Ransomware, how you can recover or decrypt files locked by ransomware, technical support’s email ID or cybercriminals’ email ID and ransom money details. It claims you need to establish the contact with cybercriminals via [email protected] email address and wait for further instructions.
Peace Ransomware’s developers also claims that if you will not contact cybercriminals within 48 hours after encryption, then the price of decryption software/keys will be doubled. As proof that they have right decryption keys, they provide initially free decryption keys for some locked files and ask you to send 2-3 encrypted files within 1MB of size on given email address. After free decryption test successful, they force you to pay certain amount of extortion money to decrypt rest of the files. Keep in mind that they are not going to provide any right decryption keys even when ransom money is paid. So, we recommended you to stop paying any amount of extortion money to them. As per our research, one possible way to decrypt files locked by ransomware is to restore them from a backup. But before that, you need to remove Peace Ransomware and all the related components from System.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
!!! Your Files Has Been Encrypted !!!♦ your files has been locked with highest secure cryptography algorithm
there is no way to decrypt your files without paying and buying Decryption tool
but after 48 hour decryption price will be double
you can send some little files for decryption test
test file should not contain valuable data
after payment you will get decryption tool ( payment Should be with Bitcoin)
so if you want your files dont be shy feel free to contact us and do an agreement on price
!!! or Delete you files if you dont need them !!!
Your ID :-
our Email :[email protected]
In Case Of No Answer :[email protected]
Ransomware distribution methods:
Malspam campaigns: In most of the cases, ransomware or malware are distributed from spam email campaigns. This technique is used by cybercriminals to triggers malware or viruses in your machine and tricks you into paying certain amount of ransom money for their fake services or offers. They use “Urgent”, “Official”, “Priority”, “Important” or other similar keywords as subjects/title of emails for making believe in your mind that this emails are belongs to some genuine senders or organizations.
As mentioned, ransomware or malware can be installed in your machine from spam emails campaigns especially from attachments or links presented in these types emails. So any hyperlinks or attachments presented in irrelevant or suspicious emails must not be opened. If these emails are already appeared in spam folder of your mail service, then you can simply avoid opening these emails. But if spammy emails are appeared in “inbox” instead of “spam” folder, then you should check if “Anti-Spam Filter” feature is enabled or not. Note that enabled “Anti-spam Filter” feature automatically sends any spammy emails to spam folder of your mail service. However, you should block these senders’ email addresses from sending spam emails and don’t reply them at any cases.
Threat Name: Peace Ransomware, .peace File Extension, .peace File Virus
Threat Type: Ransomware, File Virus, Crypto-Malware
File Extension: “.peace”
Ransom note: “!INFO.hta”
Cybercriminals’ email ID: [email protected]
Description: This dubious crypto-malware locks all types of files stored in your computer hard drive and demands certain amount of ransom money for decryption.
Distribution methods: Malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers or downloaders
Malware removal methods: To remove Peace Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your System with powerful antivirus software
Data recovery solution: To restore files locked by Peace Ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Peace Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Peace Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Peace Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Peace Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Peace Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Peace Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Peace Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Peace Ransomware from machine.
Remove Peace Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Peace Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Peace Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Peace Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Peace Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Peace Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Peace Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Peace Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Peace Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Peace Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Peace Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files