Delete Pizhon ransomware from OS
Pizhon ransomware is malicious software discovered by GrujaRS. It is mainly aimed to encrypt files, rename them and provides instructions on how to contact its developers and other details. Once the encryption process is done, this virus appends each infected file with “.pizhon” extension with a string of random characters next to it. All encrypted files will receive the new extension. After that, it leaves ransom note “!!!!README!!!.txt” that contains ransom demanding message on victims desktop to instruct them about encryption.
This malware usually target Russian speaking users. Cyber criminals ask victims to download Tor website and create an email account on such site and then write them an email on [email protected] with the provided code in it to get further instructions. Once contacted, they receive details such as price of decryption tool, how to pay for it, how to use it and other details. Crooks also try to scare you saying that if you don’t pay the ransom all the encrypted files will be deleted permanently.
Users are also alerted not to rename encrypted files using third party software otherwise it might cause permanent data loss. Users should not trust and never pay money to the hackers in order to purchase decryption key. Even after paying money, cyber criminals do not send any decryption tools. At many occasions, users are provided fake decryption tool which is rogue application indeed and does nothing but harming the PC badly upon getting installed. In such case, remove Pizhon ransomware from the system as early as possible.
Name: Pizhon ransomware
Classification: Ransomware, Files-locker, Crypto-virus
File extensions: .pizhon with a string of random characters.
Email ID used: [email protected]
Ransom demanding note: !!!!README!!!.txt
Symptoms: All important files will get appended with new extension, your trial to access your files may return will fail, eruption of hectic ransom note on computer screen and so on.
Distribution methods: cyber criminal use various methods to intrude this infection into your system such as Trojans, fake updates, email spam, untrustworthy software download sources such as third party downloader, unofficial pages etc and so on.
Detection tool: See if your system has been affected by Pizhon ransomware, then we suggest you to use anti-malware removal tool such as Spyhunter. On the other hand, you can also go through given below article.
Data Recovery: In order to recover all encrypted files, users are advised to use backup if available. In case, backup files are not found then you can use data recovery tool/software.
How to restore the infected files?
Experts strongly recommend users to keep making regular backups by the help of which you can easily recover the infected files if such perilous situation occurs. Moreover, there are number of third party data recovery software that can be used in retrieving the lost files. These tools can be used to recover some amount of your crucial data. However, the first thing you need to do here is to remove Pizhon ransomware from the computer immediately by using some reputable antivirus software.
Distribution of Pizhon ransomware:
Text presented in Pizhon ransomware’s text file (“!!!README!!!.txt”):
Вся Ваша информация на этом компьютере была зашифрована.
Для расшифровки Вам нужно выполнить несложные действия:
1. Скачайте по ссылке тор-браузер, установите его:
2. Откройте тор-браузер, перейдите по адресу и зарегистрируйте себе e-mail:
3. Войдите в почтовый ящик:
4. Напишите письмо на e-mail:
e-mail: [email protected]
Укажите в письме Ваш код для разблокировки: 42284753
5. Ждите ответ.
Учтите, что письма с обычных email – мы не получим, кроме тех, которые есть в этом списке:
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Pizhon ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Pizhon ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Pizhon ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Pizhon ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Pizhon ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Pizhon ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Pizhon ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Pizhon ransomware from machine.
Remove Pizhon ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Pizhon ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Pizhon ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Pizhon ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Pizhon ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Pizhon ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Pizhon ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Pizhon ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Pizhon ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Pizhon ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Pizhon ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files