Easy methods to delete ProConverterSearch browser hijacker
Threat Name: ProConverterSearch browser hijacker, ProConverterSearch adware
Threat Type: Browser hijacker, Redirect Virus, Adware, Unwanted New Tab
Affected browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, IE, Edge
Description: This nasty malware injects harmful codes in your browser’s setting and/or Operating System’s settings without your knowledge.
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious ads or popup, suspicious hyperlinks
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your personal information and shares it to illegal ones.
Malware removal method: To remove ProConverterSearch or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
How did potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), adware or malware install on computer?
Potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) are distributed through download/installation setups of other software package as additional offers. This false marketing mechanism of packing regular or legitimate software with PUAs, adware or malware is known as “Software Bundling Method”. This is mostly used mechanism by cybercriminals to spread malware or viruses in your machine. In case if you choose “Recommended/Quick/Express” settings in setups of download software package, then you also allow them to install all additional programs including malicious additions in your machine. Sometimes, PUAs or adware can be downloaded/installed from malicious advertisements that are designed to run certain scripts.
What is ProConverterSearch? What it does?
ProConverterSearch is rough application designed to promote “ProConverterSearch.com” – fake search engine by changing default settings of homepage, new tab URLs and search engine of your browser. This bogus search engine offers fake calculator tool, cryptocurrency convertor, and online PDF reader and helps you to quick access to various popular websites with improved results. It claims it is safe & fast search engine as compare to some popular search engine like Google, Yahoo and Bing. But it is bogus at all. This bogus search engine doesn’t generate any unique results. If your System is already infected with this type of malware, then you should try to remove ProConverterSearch adware from machine immediately.
ProConverterSearch is considered as browser hijacker that attempts to make several unwanted modifications in your browser’s settings, installing fake browser helper objects (unwanted extensions, plug-ins or add-ons), corrupting major genuine functions of browser and collect your browsing-related data or sensitive information. These fake browser helper objects are also categorized as potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) that open malicious websites and run certain scripts to download/install malware or viruses in your machine. In simple words, you can’t visit the website that you want due to its browser redirects behaviors.
ProConverterSearch blocks/prevents you from accessing or reverting the changes made means you can’t undo the changes. As mentioned above, it installs fake BHOs (browser helper objects) that allow the attackers to monitor your online activities and collect your browsing-related data or personal information. They can keep record your some information such as IP address, URLs search, login ID & password of your various accounts, banking information and more details. These collected sensitive details can be shared with other attackers or third parties to generate some income from them. So, it is important to delete ProConverterSearch adware from machine as soon as possible.
Prevention tips: How to protect your System against PUAs, adware or malware?
It is strongly recommended to double-research the software before download/installation and/or purchase. You should always try to download any applications from official sources or via direct links. Be alert while surfing online and avoid downloading/installing any applications from unofficial sources, peer-to-peer files sharing network, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders, and other third parties’ sources/websites. During installation process, you should always choose custom/advance/manual settings in setups of download software package and remove all the unnecessary programs by unticking their checkboxes in these settings. However, you should scan your computer with powerful antivirus software regularly to protect your System against malware or viruses, and keep your antivirus up-to-date that could help you to remove all types of threats including latest one.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘ProConverterSearch‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like ProConverterSearch as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for ProConverterSearch removal from computer
ProConverterSearch is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove ProConverterSearch related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of ProConverterSearch and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove ProConverterSearch and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate ProConverterSearch related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if ProConverterSearch related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of ProConverterSearch in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if ProConverterSearch related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate ProConverterSearch and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove ProConverterSearch from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by ProConverterSearch and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete ProConverterSearch from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if ProConverterSearch related files is removed.
Delete ProConverterSearch and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop ProConverterSearch related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to ProConverterSearch and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if ProConverterSearch related files is removed.
Remove ProConverterSearch from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate ProConverterSearch related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove ProConverterSearch from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to ProConverterSearch from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove ProConverterSearch related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for ProConverterSearch related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to ProConverterSearch from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate ProConverterSearch related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to ProConverterSearch from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with ProConverterSearch in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if ProConverterSearch related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to ProConverterSearch in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to ProConverterSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find ProConverterSearch related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall ProConverterSearch related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove ProConverterSearch related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate ProConverterSearch related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of ProConverterSearch removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of ProConverterSearch removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove ProConverterSearch and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of ProConverterSearch from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find ProConverterSearch related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove ProConverterSearch and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove ProConverterSearch related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of ProConverterSearch removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against ProConverterSearch related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button