Easy methods to delete RequestPlan from PCs (Remove browser hijacker)
Threat Name: RequestPlan, RequestPlan adware, RequestPlan browser hijacker, RequestPlan redirect virus, RequestPlan Mac Virus
Threat Type: Adware, PUA, Browser hijacker, Mac Virus, Mac Malware
Affected browsers: Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, IE
Description: Able to hijack your main browser by modifying certain browser’s settings of your browser without permission.
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious ads or popup, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders
Motives of attackers: Aims to steal your personal information and shares these collected details to illegal ones or misused for illegal purposes.
Malware removal method: To remove RequestPlan or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
What is RequestPlan? What it does?
RequestPlan is very dangerous browser hijacker virus categorized as Mac Virus. This dubious application is designed to hijack your main browser including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and other browsers by changing the default search engine, homepage and new tab URLs of your browser with dubious domain or addresses of some fake search engines. This fake search engine claims that it is safe & fast search engine as compare to Google, Yahoo and Bing. But it is bogus at all. It shows always bogus result or loads misleading contents. If your System is already infected with this type of malware, then you should try to remove RequestPlan Mac Adware from machine as soon as possible.
RequestPlan is also categorized as adware. It delivers huge amount of advertisements in the form of banners, coupons, offers, commercial ads, fake news, fake software update or security alert messages, free or paid online game ads, sports ads and others. These unwanted ads or popup can also appear on desktop even when browser is closed. It is not easy task to close/delete these ads one-by-one in machine. However, these unwanted advertisements are designed to run malicious scripts to download/install potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) in your computer. It also installs fake browser helper objects (BHOs) in your browser categorized as PUAs.
These malicious applications open other malicious website that fills its platform with suspicious hyperlinks/buttons, ads or popup. The main motive of attackers behind this malware attack is to monitor your online and collect your browser-related data or sensitive information. They can collect your some information such as IP address, URLs search, username & password of your various accounts, banking information and more details as well. These collected details can be shared with other attackers or third parties to generate some income from them. So, it is important to delete RequestPlan from System immediately.
Adware or PUAs distribution methods:
In most of the cases, potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) or adware are distributed through other software packages as additional offers. This false method of packing regular software with PUAs or malware is known as “Software bundling method”. This is mostly used mechanism by cybercriminals to spread malware or viruses in your machine. But it is possible to avoid the installation of these dubious applications from download software package by choosing custom/advance/manual settings in setups and untick their checkboxes in these settings. But in case if you choose recommended/express/quick settings in setup for installation, you allowed them to install all the additional programs including PUAs or malware in your computer. Sometime, these rough applications can come from malicious advertisements campaigns that are designed to run malicious scripts.
How to protect your System against PUAs, adware or malware?
- Any applications should not be downloaded/installed from unofficial sources, peer-to-peer file sharing network, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders
- All the applications must be downloaded/installed from official sources or via direct links
- During installation, you should always choose custom/advance/manual settings instead of choosing recommended/quick/express settings and remove all the unnecessary programs by unticking their checkboxes.
- Scan the PC for malware or viruses with powerful antivirus software regularly.
- Keep up-to-date all the software installed in your machine including Operating System (OS), antivirus software and other genuine software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘RequestPlan‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like RequestPlan as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for RequestPlan removal from computer
RequestPlan is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove RequestPlan related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of RequestPlan and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove RequestPlan and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate RequestPlan related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if RequestPlan related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of RequestPlan in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if RequestPlan related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate RequestPlan and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove RequestPlan from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by RequestPlan and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete RequestPlan from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if RequestPlan related files is removed.
Delete RequestPlan and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop RequestPlan related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to RequestPlan and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if RequestPlan related files is removed.
Remove RequestPlan from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate RequestPlan related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove RequestPlan from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to RequestPlan from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove RequestPlan related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for RequestPlan related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to RequestPlan from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate RequestPlan related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to RequestPlan from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with RequestPlan in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if RequestPlan related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to RequestPlan in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to RequestPlan from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find RequestPlan related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall RequestPlan related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove RequestPlan related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate RequestPlan related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of RequestPlan removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of RequestPlan removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove RequestPlan and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of RequestPlan from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find RequestPlan related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove RequestPlan and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove RequestPlan related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of RequestPlan removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against RequestPlan related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button