Easy guide to recover files from RXD ransomware
RXD ransomware is the name given to the ransomware virus that encrypts stored files on a compromised PC, making them unusable and then demand ransom money. This kind of vicious file encrypting malware belongs to Dharma ransomware family. During locking process, it renames files by adding users ID, [email protected] email address and by appending “.RXD” extension to the end of every encrypted filenames. It is able to infect or locks down all types of file without having any knowledge.
After finishing the locking process, it provides instructions on how to contact its developers in a pop-up window and displays “FILES EENCRYPTED.txt” text file. According to the ransom note, the victims must have to use private key to restore the encrypted files. In order to receive such key, users are instructed to contact cyber criminals to the provided email addresses. The price of decryption tool is not fixed and always depends upon the victims how fast they contact to the cyber criminals.
Further, it also warns users to pay money as soon as possible otherwise the price of decryption key will be doubled. At present, there are lots of people infected with RXD ransomware and they try to take decryption tool by paying money but they cannot get their data back. Therefore, it is highly advised for the user not to contact ransomware developers and pay any money because there are no tools that has the capability to crack this ransomware and restore data free of cost.
Name: RXD ransomware
Extension used: .RXD
Ransom demanding message: pop-up window, FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Type: File locking virus, Ransomware
Description: Destructive malware that aims to encrypt users’ crucial files and then ask them to pay off for the decryption key/tool.
Symptoms: All important files will get appended with new extension, your trial to access your files may return will fail, eruption of hectic ransom note on computer screen and so on.
Distribution methods: Torrent websites, infected email attachments, malicious ads, peer to peer network sharing, unofficial activation and updating tools.
Removal: To remove this virus from the system, we advise you to use a reliable anti-malware tool. Once malware gets removed, you can recover your files by using existing backup or data-recovery software.
Tips to recover files from RXD ransomware:
- Users must not need to get worried and never try to pay money to the hacker.
- Firstly completely remove RXD ransomware and delete useless files.
- Then try restoring all encrypted files from shadow volume copy.
- Or backup like as external removal devices if available.
- Or you can also use third party data recovery software or tool.
Should I believe on the cyber hackers?
Definitely not, there are no any guaranteed that you will get the decryption tool even if the payment is done. This turns out to be scam and wastage of both time and money. If you are thinking of paying money to RXD ransomware, it is the very bad idea because after getting money it is not sure that you will get the right key to decrypt your data. Unfortunately, if it works the decryption key may also bring more viruses on your system and cause major problems. As a result, your information can be stolen and your bank accounts will be hacked without your consent.
How it intrude?
This nasty ransomware infection invades into the machine by using several deceptive methods. mostly, it can get enter into your computer through malicious websites, suspicious links, spam emails, fake software updating tools, untrustworthy software downloading sources such as third party installers, unofficial pages, free file hosting sites etc, cracked or pirated software and by using many other dubious methods. This unreliable method is used by the cyber criminals to install this harmful threats and malware into your PC. Therefore, you must be very careful while installing any free software programs or opening any suspicious emails.
Precautionary measures to protect PC from ransomware infections:
- Be careful while downloading/installing any kind of program in the PC. Read the terms and agreement very carefully till the end.
- Always choose advance/custom installation method so that hidden files gets detected and is stopped from getting installed in the PC
- Browse carefully and don’t click on random links and pop-ups during your online browsing session. Avoid visiting doubtful and potentially malicious websites.
- Use a powerful anti-malware tool that will provide protection from malware in real-time environment.
Remove RXD ransomware
Manual malware removal instructions might be complicated and time-consuming as well as also requires previous computer knowledge to perform malware removal process. If you don’t have much skill about PC, then we recommend you to use some reliable antivirus removal tool that has the capability to remove RXD ransomware and all this dubious ransomware infection completely and safely from the system.
Text presented in RXD ransomware’s pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘RXD ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like RXD ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for RXD ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
RXD ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove RXD ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove RXD ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with RXD ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to RXD ransomware from machine.
Remove RXD ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of RXD ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by RXD ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by RXD ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like RXD ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by RXD ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about RXD ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by RXD ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like RXD ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by RXD ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by RXD ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files