Easy methods to delete Search.basicgeneration.com from PCs (Remove browser hijacker)
Search.basicgeneration.com is bogus search engine promoted by malicious applications or unwanted browser extensions. These applications are considered as potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) that promotes Search.basicgeneration.com search engine by modifying default homepage, new tab URLs and search engine of your browser. Once your browser hijacked with this nasty malware, you will be redirected on malicious websites constantly. In other words, you can’t visit the website that you want to its browser redirects behaviors. This bogus search engine claims that it is safe & fast search engine as compare to Google, Yahoo and Bing. But it is bogus at all. You should try to remove Search.basicgeneration.com from machine as soon as possible to prevent System from further attacks.
Search.basicgeneration.com doesn’t provide unique results and loads misleading contents. It attempts to engage you on scam/shady/questionable/third parties’ websites and tricks you into downloading/installing potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) or malicious applications in your computer. It delivers huge amount of ads or popup in the form of banners, coupons, offers, commercial ads, fake news, fake software updates or security alert messages on your browser. Once clicked, attackers run malicious scripts to download/install malware or viruses in your machine.
Search.basicgeneration.com is also designed to monitor your online habits steals your sensitive information. Cybercriminals behind this malware attempt to tricks you into installing fake browser helper objects (BHOs) like unwanted extensions, add-ons or plug-ins in your browser that allows other attackers to trace your online activities. They can keep record your browsing-related data or sensitive information such as IP address, URLs search, login ID & password of your various accounts, banking information and more details. These collected data can be shared with other attackers or third parties to generate some income from them. So, it is important to remove Search.basicgeneration.com adware from machine.
Potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) or adware distribution methods:
PUAs or adware are mostly distributed through other software packages as additional offers. This false method of packing regular or legitimate software with PUAs or malware is known as “Software bundling methods”. These malicious additions can easily be seen in custom/advance/manual settings of installation setup. But in case if you choose recommended/express/quick settings in setup of download software, then all the additional programs with the software package will be installed in your computer. On other hand, this dubious malware can come from malicious ads or popup that are designed to run certain scripts to download/install malware in your machine.
- Any applications should not be downloaded/installed from unofficial websites, peer-to-peer file sharing network, fake software updaters, installers or downloaders, and other third parties’ sources
- All the applications should be downloaded/installed from official websites or through direct links
- During software installation, you should check for additional offers in custom/advance/manual settings in setup of download software.
- Any hyperlinks/buttons, ads or popup appeared on untrustworthy websites must not be clicked
- Hover your mouse over any links/buttons before click and double-check if the hyperlinks are belongs to some trustworthy sources/websites
- Scan the PC for malware or viruses with powerful antivirus software regularly. Note that updated security programs like antivirus software can help you to remove latest threats or malware also. So, you should keep up-to-date your security software
Name: Search.basicgeneration.com, Search.basicgeneration.com browser hijacker, Search.basicgeneration.com redirect virus
Type: Adware, PUA, browser hijacker, redirect virus
Affected browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Description: This dubious redirect virus is capable of hijacking your main browser by modifying certain settings of your browser.
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders, malicious ads or popup, suspicious links
Malware removal method: To remove Search.basicgeneration.com adware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Search.basicgeneration.com‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Search.basicgeneration.com as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Search.basicgeneration.com removal from computer
Search.basicgeneration.com is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Search.basicgeneration.com related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Search.basicgeneration.com and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Search.basicgeneration.com and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Search.basicgeneration.com related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Search.basicgeneration.com related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Search.basicgeneration.com in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Search.basicgeneration.com related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Search.basicgeneration.com and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Search.basicgeneration.com from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Search.basicgeneration.com and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Search.basicgeneration.com from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Search.basicgeneration.com related files is removed.
Delete Search.basicgeneration.com and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Search.basicgeneration.com related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Search.basicgeneration.com and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Search.basicgeneration.com related files is removed.
Remove Search.basicgeneration.com from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Search.basicgeneration.com related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Search.basicgeneration.com from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Search.basicgeneration.com from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Search.basicgeneration.com related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Search.basicgeneration.com related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Search.basicgeneration.com from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Search.basicgeneration.com related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Search.basicgeneration.com from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Search.basicgeneration.com in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Search.basicgeneration.com related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Search.basicgeneration.com in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Search.basicgeneration.com from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Search.basicgeneration.com related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Search.basicgeneration.com related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Search.basicgeneration.com related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Search.basicgeneration.com related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Search.basicgeneration.com removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Search.basicgeneration.com removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Search.basicgeneration.com and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Search.basicgeneration.com from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Search.basicgeneration.com related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Search.basicgeneration.com and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Search.basicgeneration.com related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Search.basicgeneration.com removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Search.basicgeneration.com related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button