Effective guidelines to delete Serci.info
Serci.info is an adware that typically enters into the system using software bundling -a deceptive method in which stealth installation of unwanted apps take place with the regular software downloads. The PUPs intrudes and modifies the installed browsers and open a new browsers tab for some unreliable websites. It is also capable to install other questionable app.
In addition, it delivers intrusive advertisements and gathers browsing related data. Serci.info mainly targets main browsers. It is capable of modifying any installed browser settings including Google chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari etc. Initially, users might not notice the infection. However, they soon noticed an increased amount of coupons, pop-up ads, banners, offers, deals and discounts.
If clicked, those ads redirect users to untrustworthy or possibly other malicious sites. In some cases, those ads can execute scripts to download and install rogue software. Thus, from each redirection you will be inviting yourself some malicious malware inside the PC. In this way, potentially unwanted applications are the prime example of content infiltrates into the system.
Type: PUP, Malicious domain, Redirect, Adware, unwanted new tab, push notification ads
Symptoms: A huge amount of advertising not originates from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased internet browsing speed.
Intrusion methods: bundles of free software programs, spam emails, harmful websites, peer to peer sharing networks, cracked software and many more.
Damage: slow down computer performance as well as internet speed, browser tracking (possibly privacy issues), loss of personal information and infiltrate other additional malware infections.
Prevention: use custom or advance mode while installing freeware, avoid downloading rogue software from the internet.
Removal: To delete possible malware infections we highly advised you to scan your PC with legitimate antivirus software.
Is Serci.info harmful?
Serci.info gathers the browsing data and later on sends to the remote hacker under control by hackers. The hackers will have the details including IP addresses, viewed pages URL and search history. These details might include personal details as well. The hackers could share such details to potent cyber criminals who misuse in order to gain the commission.
These evil minded people misuse the data to generate revenue. Thus, data tracking could results into severe privacy issues, financial losses, browsing safety and even lead to identity theft. Thus, we recommend you delete Serci.info and all dubious applications and browser extensions soon from the browsers or system immediately.
How Serci.info infect your computer?
Serci.info is promoted by many potentially unwanted applications. These PUPs intrude without user’s approval when the users install some free software by using third party malicious links. The information about such apps are attached under custom or advanced settings of regular software by the developers. Users when install the programs without taking much precautions over the installation steps they unintentionally allow the attached software to get install with regular programs. Despite this, these applications also infiltrate through deceptive advertisements as we discussed above. Those ads can execute scripts to stealthily download and install PUAs, these unwanted installations can only be caused when such ads are clicked by the user.
How to avoid intruding Serci.info?
All applications should be researched before downloading or installing it. You must avoid any untrustworthy sources such as drive by downloads, misleading ads, fake software updates and other malicious websites and links. Always use legitimate and trustworthy websites for downloading and installing any software. During installation of any program, use custom or advanced settings to avoid any unwanted apps intrusion. Moreover, install some strong antivirus software to avoid the machine from any big issues.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Serci.info‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Serci.info as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Serci.info removal from computer
Serci.info is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Serci.info related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Serci.info and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Serci.info and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Serci.info related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Serci.info related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Serci.info in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Serci.info related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Serci.info and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Serci.info from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Serci.info and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Serci.info from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Serci.info related files is removed.
Delete Serci.info and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Serci.info related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Serci.info and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Serci.info related files is removed.
Remove Serci.info from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Serci.info related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Serci.info from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Serci.info from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Serci.info related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Serci.info related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Serci.info from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Serci.info related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Serci.info from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Serci.info in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Serci.info related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Serci.info in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Serci.info from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Serci.info related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Serci.info related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Serci.info related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Serci.info related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Serci.info removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Serci.info removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Serci.info and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Serci.info from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Serci.info related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Serci.info and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Serci.info related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Serci.info removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Serci.info related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button