Complete guide to delete SolarSys
SolarSys is a recently detected threat seems to be designed by highly experienced hacking group. At present, the information about the hacking is not known. What we know at present is that this perilous threat actually composes a very complex distribution framework. It is set to mainly against Brazil. So, we presume that this virus will soon target other countries in this region, as well.
This malware has found to be composed of several malware tools that work together in a unified structure. At present, it appears that the code is only compatible with Microsoft Windows systems. However, it is possible that its later versions may target other operating systems. While talking about its distribution ways, SolarSys is primarily distributing via virus-infected setup files of some apps that could be creative suites, productivity and system utility and or computer games. Once the infection occurs, the virus begins running it’s the built-in commands on the system.
The tactics of inserting malicious code on a target device can be done via the documents in presentations, databases, spreadsheets and text files formats. If opened, users are asked to run the script. On doing so, the malware download/ installation process is triggered. Also, SolarSys could even be pushed via the following techniques:
- Hacker controlled websites – hackers could create different type of sites or portals with the virus data. Such domains usually sound similar to some well-known companies and services.
- Email messages – Spam emails with a template and link or attachment file with virus data could be send directly on the users’ Inbox
- File-sharing networks -The virus infected file can be uploaded on torrent pages
SolarSys – capabilities
They may target banking related data by monitoring the users and active browser overlay pages when they do some financial institution, payment service or bank is opened. They could replace the forms and sites and trick you into supplying your banking credentials with them. Basically, crooks behind SolarSys framework network attempt to gain sensitive information so as to misuse them to make fraudulent purchases, transactions and/or other malicious activities. Don’t forget, the virus can be used to install other dangerous threat for example ransomware or cryptocurrency miners or worm. Therefore, do not delay in SolarSys removal.
Threat Type: Trojan, Spyware
Detected Names: Avast (Win32:Trojan-gen), BitDefender (Trojan.GenericKD.44068249), ESET-NOD32 (A Variant Of Win32/Injector.ENOO), Kaspersky (Trojan.Win32.Agentb.kanp)
Symptoms: Trojans run on the victims’ system background silently and therefore no particular symptoms are clearly visible on the compromised PC
Distribution methods: Infected email attachments, malicious online advertisements, social engineering, and software cracks
Damage: Stolen passwords, and banking information, identity theft, the victims’ computer added to a botnet
Malware Removal: To eliminate possible malware infections, run a scan to your device with some reputable antivirus software or follow manual instructions provided below the post
Precaution is better than cure
You can avoid SolarSys infection. For this, you need to be careful. You should use only official websites and direct links for any software download/ install, update and activation. Untrustworthy downloading channels and third party updaters/activators, one way or other, are to cause system infections. Any attachments or website links provided emails, especially the ones whose senders’ addresses seem unknown, suspicious should never be clicked. It is also advised to use some reputable antivirus tool that provides adequate PC protection.
Remove SolarSys fully
Manually, it will be difficult to remove SolarSys Trojan from the system. It creates its copies and distributes them each and every location that are difficult to find and delete one by one. Instead, use some reputable antivirus tool to automatically remove the threat from your system.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘SolarSys‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like SolarSys as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for SolarSys removal from computer
SolarSys is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove SolarSys related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of SolarSys and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove SolarSys and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate SolarSys related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if SolarSys related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of SolarSys in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if SolarSys related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate SolarSys and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove SolarSys from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by SolarSys and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete SolarSys from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if SolarSys related files is removed.
Delete SolarSys and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop SolarSys related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to SolarSys and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if SolarSys related files is removed.
Remove SolarSys from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate SolarSys related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove SolarSys from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to SolarSys from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove SolarSys related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for SolarSys related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to SolarSys from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate SolarSys related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to SolarSys from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with SolarSys in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if SolarSys related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to SolarSys in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to SolarSys from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find SolarSys related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall SolarSys related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove SolarSys related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate SolarSys related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of SolarSys removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of SolarSys removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove SolarSys and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of SolarSys from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find SolarSys related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove SolarSys and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove SolarSys related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of SolarSys removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against SolarSys related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button