Effective methods to delete Spark Search
Spark Search is harmful system virus claims itself to be a genuine search engine that improves the search result and enhances the web browsing experience. However, it is promoted by various by rogue downloader’s/installers setups that hijack the browser, modify its settings and gather the browsing related data as well. Typically, users download and install such apps unwillingly.
Once activated, Spark Search will contaminate your main browser such as Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge and many others. After getting installed, it will make several modifications into its settings in order to promote the address of bogus search engine by making its addresses as the address of default search engine, homepage and new tab.
These are insignificant changes and you will not be able to restore the settings to the default. Many helper objects downloaded by the threats without your consent prevent you to do the changes on the browser settings. While searching any queries on the modified search box, your search queries will be manipulated and redirected to any questionable websites.
Other risk associated with Spark Search:
What’s more, the nasty site allows its developers to monitor the web browsing activities. They keep regular eyes on your browsing session and collect data relating to it such as visited websites, search queries, IP addresses and other similar details. The data could be led into privacy risk if such details are shared with potent cyber criminals. Thus, it is very much important to remove Spark Search from the machine as early as possible.
How Spark Search intrudes?
Spark Search has its official websites. However, most users visit it while they download some free third party software and click on any intrusive ads. The freeware developers attach the malicious module as an additional download with their regular software. Usually, offers to install unwanted apps can only be declined through certain checkboxes or custom or advanced settings that are available in setups.
However, not all users check and change those settings and leave them unchanged. This situation causes download and installation of potentially unwanted applications along with some deliberately downloaded or installed programs. This software distribution method is called bundling. Hence, you can avoid intruding the attached module, if you use the custom/advanced settings of installation processes.
Precautionary measures to avoid malware attack:
- For any programs and files download, use only official, reliable pages and through direct links as it is safe and secure.
- Other unreliable tools like third party downloader/installer, free file hosting sites, p2p networks (like torrent clients) and other should not be used as it likely offer deceptive or harmful content.
- During installation of any program, it is important to read terms and agreements carefully till the end. Don’t skip custom or advanced options as well as other similar sections.
- Avoid clicking on intrusive advertisements especially if they are displayed on dubious websites as they can be designed to open other pages of this kind.
- You must avoid visiting to malicious, porn or torrent websites to stay safe online.
Name: Spark Search
Type: Browser hijacker, PUA, Search hijacker
Functionality: This app supposedly improved browsing experience.
Promoted URL: tailsearch.com
Distribution: spam emails, bundled freeware, malicious websites, porn or torrent sites, cracked software, file sharing network etc.
Symptoms: modifying browser settings, display lots of fake search results and redirected to harmful and potentially malicious websites.
Damage: internet browser tracking-possibly privacy issues and infiltrates other additional malware infections.
Removal: Use Spyhunter or other anti-malware tool to remove Spark Search browser hijacker automatically from the computer.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Spark Search‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Spark Search as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Spark Search removal from computer
Spark Search is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Spark Search related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Spark Search and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Spark Search and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Spark Search related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Spark Search related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Spark Search in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Spark Search related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Spark Search and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Spark Search from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Spark Search and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Spark Search from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Spark Search related files is removed.
Delete Spark Search and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Spark Search related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Spark Search and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Spark Search related files is removed.
Remove Spark Search from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Spark Search related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Spark Search from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Spark Search from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Spark Search related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Spark Search related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Spark Search from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Spark Search related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Spark Search from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Spark Search in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Spark Search related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Spark Search in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Spark Search from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Spark Search related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Spark Search related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Spark Search related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Spark Search related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Spark Search removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Spark Search removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Spark Search and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Spark Search from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Spark Search related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Spark Search and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Spark Search related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Spark Search removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Spark Search related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button