Easy methods to delete .ssghl File Virus from PCs (Remove Xorist Ransomware’s variants)
Threat Name: .ssghl File Virus, Ssghl Ransomware
Threat Type: Ransomware, File Virus, Crypto-Malware, Files Locker
Ransom note: “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt”
File Extension: “.ssghl”
Description: This dubious ransomware encrypts/locks all types of files of your computer and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks, illegal activation tools
Motives of attackers: Aims to steal your personal details and shares it to illegal ones or misused for illegal purposes.
Ransomware removal method: To remove .ssghl File Virus or similar infections, we recommended you to scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Data recovery solution: After complete ransomware removal, you can try to restore all files locked by ransomware using strong data recovery software.
How did Ransomware install on computer?
In most of the cases, Ransomware or other similar malware are distributed through Trojans, malspam campaigns, illegal activation tools, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders, and other third parties’ websites. “Email Spam Campaigns” or “Malspam Campaigns” is mostly used mechanism by cybercriminals to spread malware or viruses in machine. They use the name like “Urgent”, “Official”, “Priority”, “Important” or other similar keywords as subject of emails, which contain some messages along with hyperlinks and attachments. Once the attachments and/or hyperlinks presented in spam emails opened, cybercriminals attempts to execute encryption module in machine and starts locking all files stored in machine.
What is .ssghl File Virus? What it does?
.ssghl File Virus is very notorious crypto-malware and computer infection that is belongs to “Xorist Ransomware” family. This nasty file virus locks/encrypts all files stored in your computer hard drive by appending .ssghl File Extension and drops ransom note in each folder that contain locked files. For Example, it renames “1.png” filename to “1.png.ssghl”. After encryption process is finished, “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt” text files as ransom notes are dropped in each compromised folders that claims to recover your all locked files immediately once you pay ransom money to them. It claims that the only way to decrypt your locked files is to purchase & use its decryption keys/software. Otherwise, you will lose your all personal files & folders of your computer permanently.
.ssghl File Virus’s ransom note “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt” states that all files of your computer have been encrypted and you need to send an SMS to certain number containing specific text to initiate data recovery processes. It claims that neither phone number nor text must be in SMS nor you are warned that you have limited number of times that can enter a decryption code means if you attempt unspecific number of times, then you can’t access or open your locked files and even data will be rendered undecryptable. As a proof that they have right decryption keys/software, they initially provide decryption service for some locked files and ask you to send 2-3 locked files on given email addresses.
After successful free decryption test, attackers behind .ssghl File Virus force you to pay demanded extortion money to decrypt rest of the files. But it is bogus at all. You should never trust on them and avoid paying any amount of extortion money to them at any cases. In order to pay extortion money, they can keep record of your some information such as IP address, URLs search, browser history, typed words, username & password of your various accounts, banking information and more details. However, they can share these collected data to illegal ones and/or mused for illegal purposes. So, it is important to remove .ssghl File Virus from System as soon as possible.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
Attention! All your files are encrypted!
To restore your files and access them,
please send an SMS with the text XXXX to YYYY number.
You have N attempts to enter the code.
When that number has been exceeded,
all the data irreversibly is destroyed.
Be careful when you enter the code!
Precautionary measures: How to protect your System against Ransomware?
Any hyperlinks and/or attachments presented in spam or irrelevant emails must not be opened. You should be alert while surfing online and avoid sending your emails addresses or other details to unknown websites/sources. You should check if “Anti-Spam Filter” feature is enabled in your mail service which you use like Gmail. You can enable this feature using some powerful antivirus software. Note that this feature when enabled, all the spammay emails will automatically deliver to ‘Spam Folder’ of your mail service you use. To protect your System against malware or viruses, you should have powerful antivirus software with latest update and scan the PC for malware or viruses regularly.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘.ssghl File Virus’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like .ssghl File Virus as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for .ssghl File Virus removal and restore encrypted files
.ssghl File Virus is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove .ssghl File Virus and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove .ssghl File Virus using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with .ssghl File Virus infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to .ssghl File Virus from machine.
Remove .ssghl File Virus using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of .ssghl File Virus. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by .ssghl File Virus using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by .ssghl File Virus, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like .ssghl File Virus are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by .ssghl File Virus using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about .ssghl File Virus or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by .ssghl File Virus or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like .ssghl File Virus are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by .ssghl File Virus.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by .ssghl File Virus and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files