Step by step process to delete SSHBOT screenlocker
SSHBOT screenlocker is also known as P4YME that was discovered by Karsten Hahn. It is a form of malware that locks the infected system and prevent users from accessing and using their data. The main purpose for the creation of this malware is to display pop-up window and avoid victims to use any installed programs or files without paying money. Further, the displayed pop-up window states that a computer is locked with a password which cost is €75.
Users are instructed to contact cyber criminals who are behind this infection through Telegram within 30 minutes in order to buy the password. If users delay in contacting them then Windows operating system will be deleted. According to expert, it is advised not to contact SSHBOT screenlocker developers and pay any money to them. Simply said, it is used to trick user and extort money from them. Despite paying money, users do not receive any tools and simply get scammed.
In case, they provide tools may not help users to restore access to operating system, files etc as it might contain harmful viruses or threats. Due to this, you are advised to remove SSHBOT screenlocker by going through below mentioned removal process or instructions. In order to prevent data loss caused by this malware, you are advised to restore files from backup. The other way is to use data recovery application.
Name: SSHBOT screenlocker
Threat Type: Screenlocker, Ransomware
Ransom Demanding Message: Pop-up window
Ransom Amount: €75
Cyber Criminal Contact: @perry44 on Telegram
Short description: This malware is designed to lock a computer and thus users could not access the Windows desktop or use any installed programs and files.
Symptoms: Restricted access to operating system, files. A ransom demand message is displayed on your desktop. Cyber criminals demand payment of a ransom to unlock your files.
Distribution methods: deceptive pop-up ads, torrent file downloads, corrupted websites, unsafe file sharing networks and so on.
Damage: Device is locked and cannot be used by user without paying money. Other malware infections can also get installed along with notorious ransomware virus.
Removal: Use legitimate antivirus software to remove SSHBOT screenlocker from the computer or go through given mentioned removal instructions.
Intrusion methods of SSHBOT screenlocker:
SSHBOT screenlocker is distributed into your system through the most common methods malspam campaigns. It is used to infiltrate malware by sending emails that contain malicious attachments or web-links to the user. As soon as such files get opened, it installs malware. Other methods for the intrusion of this malware are untrustworthy software download channels/sources, fake software updating tools, Trojans and many more. Trojans can cause damage when they are already installed into the system. Last but not the least, untrustworthy download sources like third party installer, unofficial pages, peer to peer sharing files and others are used to distribute malware. This malware gets installed when users open malicious files or download by using such channels.
How to avoid infiltration of ransomware infections?
Any software should not be downloaded from unofficial pages or websites or through other channels like free file hosting sites, third party updater/installer, freeware download pages etc. To do so, only use official websites and through direct download links. Avoid opening irrelevant emails that contain malicious attachments or come from unknown addresses. Moreover, installed software must be updated using tools provided by its official developers. However, third party activation tools are designed to download and install malware. In case, PC is infected with this type of infection then you must remove SSHBOT screenlocker as soon as possible.
Remove SSHBOT screenlocker
Manual malware removal threat might be risky and complicated as well as also requires technical skills. Instead this, use Spyhunter an automatic malware removal tool in order to remove SSHBOT screenlocker soon from the infected device.
Text in a pop-up:
P4YME Time Left:
– PC/Laptop is locked.
– Pay me €75 to get the password.
– Add me on Telegram. (@perry44)
– If you dont pay. Windows will be deleted.
YOU HAVE 30 MINUTES!
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘SSHBOT screenlocker’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like SSHBOT screenlocker as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for SSHBOT screenlocker removal and restore encrypted files
SSHBOT screenlocker is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove SSHBOT screenlocker and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove SSHBOT screenlocker using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with SSHBOT screenlocker infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to SSHBOT screenlocker from machine.
Remove SSHBOT screenlocker using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of SSHBOT screenlocker. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by SSHBOT screenlocker using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by SSHBOT screenlocker, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like SSHBOT screenlocker are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by SSHBOT screenlocker using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about SSHBOT screenlocker or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by SSHBOT screenlocker or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like SSHBOT screenlocker are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by SSHBOT screenlocker.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by SSHBOT screenlocker and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files