Quick Assistance To Delete Sz40 ransomware
Sz40 ransomware is discovered to be a new piece of ransomware or a cryptographic malware that is known to encrypt files on targeted computers without any prior notice. Once the files are encrypted, the malware leaves a ransom note on computer demanding them to pay a specified fee as ransom to decrypt files. According to what the researchers have discovered about this crypto virus, it’s technically available in two different strains, in which the first use to append affected files with .sz40 extension, while the other doesn’t alter the files. Means, if the ransomware mentioned in the first strain affects your system, your files will get suffixed with .sz40 and turned to be inaccessible. The threat also puts a ransom note on computer which is named as HELP_SECURITY_EVENT.html, which includes the following ransom message:
We have download and encrypted all your company files!
We did this using hybrid RSA – 2048 public key encryption.It basically means there is no way to decrypt your files without the private key.The private key is stored on our server.
Indeed, we can recover your files.You just have to pay us before the deadline.If you don’t, the private key will be securely erased from our server, you lose encrypted files forever and we will publish all the contents of your company includes client files, databases and all correspondence on the internet, send it to mass media and your customers.
Leave your contact mail to hxxp://k5q5tnewg4rvbrkce7h6wrx3tdy2tdyj6jylmirtvweb3dr4bj2zhvad.onion/index.php (it’s Tor site, use Tor Browser hxxps://www.torproject.org/download/) to get instructions and key to restore all your files. Or leave your contact mail to decrypt 2 files for free. After payment will recieve, we securely delete all your files from our servers.
WARNING! Antivirus software, police or anyone can’t decrypt your files. Also any attemps to modify files may damaged them and even we won’t be able to recover them.
As per the details mentioned through ransom note, it mainly tells the victims that all of their files has been encrypted by Sz40 ransomware using a modified RSA-2048 cryptographic algorithm. The only way through which users can recover their files is by purchasing decryption key from cyber crime master minds who created Sz40 ransomware. But, in case if the victims somehow miss the unspecified deadline, their data will be publicized online, sold for mass media, or for illicit intentions. Means, the data will be lost to those actors who will just misuse such details for their personal benefits. In order to start the recovery process, the victims are urged to write an email through mentioned Tor network page. The users may also asked to upload two encrypted files to test decryption free of cost.
In against of this message, the hackers use to send back the decrypted copy of data to users along with details regarding how to pay ransom fee, payment mode, using decryption key, and so on. Further, the note mention that onces the demanded ransom fee is paid, the victims are supposed to receive the decryption key and more other details too. At the ending of note, it includes warning for users in which the victims are alerted regarding not to try tampering with files, using third party decryptor, and so on. It states that trying such things can lead to more dubious issues further which can hardly be resolved or fixed in easy manner.
What experts have to say regarding Sz40 ransomware?
As per the experts, ransomware identities like Sz40 ransomware are really terrible to handle on compromised computers without the interference of people who are responsible for this infection. Whether the ransomware be still in development phase or have some flaws, still, the users are suggested not to pay any ransom fee to criminals. The reason is, it’s often seen that despite being paid with the demands, the victims receive no help later on as per what is claimed earlier. Means, the data on computer remains encrypted, and the victims end up facing financial loss as well. To prevent the Sz40 ransomware against encrypting more files later, it’s better to identify and delete Sz40 ransomware from infected machine sooner. However, the removal will not help to restore your files, but you can try getting back those using backups or other possible data recovery options.
About intrusion and installation of Sz40 ransomware
Ransomware and other malware traits are often spread over web by unreliable download sources, free file sharing networks, P2P downloads, and many more. The criminals technically use Software Bundling and other social engineering tricks to bind their malicious content in form of illegal activation tools, fake software updates, flash players, and many more. Such applications might have some hidden trojan that internally runs on computer to download/install Sz40 ransomware from remote servers, following which the ransomware manage to encrypt all files terribly. In case specific to Sz40 ransomware, malspam campaigns with disguised content or link, is send in bulk, and users are tricked to open or view such contents, leading to disasters. The only way to prevent such things is to be cautious throughout the day.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Sz40 ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Sz40 ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Sz40 ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Sz40 ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Sz40 ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Sz40 ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Sz40 ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Sz40 ransomware from machine.
Remove Sz40 ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Sz40 ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Sz40 ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Sz40 ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Sz40 ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Sz40 ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Sz40 ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Sz40 ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Sz40 ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Sz40 ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Sz40 ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files