Files encrypted by Thcuhswza Ransomware (Snatch Ransomware’s variants): Is there any solution? [Data Recovery Solution]
Thcuhswza Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware and computer infection that is belongs to “Snatch Ransomware” family. Like other Snatch Ransomware’s variants, this dubious crypto-virus operates by encrypting/locking all types/formats of files including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and/or other formats of files, by appending its own extensions and provides instructions on how to contact cybercriminals for decryption. It renames each file by appending .thcuhswza File Extension and drops the copies of “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.txt” text file as ransom note in each folder of your computer.
Thcuhswza Ransomware’s ransom note “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.txt” states that all files of your computer hard drive have been locked/encrypted due to security reasons, your locked is saved on some secure server and requires paying certain amount of extortion money for decryption keys/software. In other words, the ransom note states that they have right decryption keys/tools to recover or decrypt all files locked by ransomware. The ransom note contain the information about this ransomware, how you can recovery files locked by ransomware, technical supports’ email ID or cybercriminals’ email address and ransom money details as well.
Cybercriminals behind Thcuhswza Ransomware claims that you need to establish the contact with cybercriminals via [email protected] or [email protected] email address presented in ransom note for decryption keys/software. It also claims that in order to renames locked files manually or use third parties’ decryption software, you will lose your all personal files permanently. So according to them, the only way to decrypt your files is to purchase its decryption software.
We recommended you to stop paying any amount of extension money to them for decryption. Keep in mind that they are not going to decrypt files locked by ransomware even when ransom money is paid. So you can simple avoid the instructions given on ransom note. If your System is already infected with this ransomware, then you should at first try to remove Thcuhswza Ransomware and all the related components from machine and once ransomware removed, then you can try to restore all locked files using a strong backup.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
All your files are encrypted and only I can decrypt them.
My mail is
Write me if you want to return your files – I can do it very quickly!
Do not rename the encrypted files, because of this you can lose them forever!!!!!
To prove that we are not scammers and really can decrypt your files,
you can send three files for test decryption !!! (except databases, Excel and backups)
PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW LETTER! RESPOND TO THE
LETTER TO THIS LETTER.
This will allow us to see all the history of the census in
one place and respond quickly to you.
!!! Do not turn off or restart the NAS equipment. This will result in data loss!!!
Ransomware distribution methods:
How to protect your System against ransomware?
Any attachments or hyperlinks presented in suspicious/spam/irrelevant emails must not be clicked/opened. Hover your mouse over any hyperlinks before click and double-check if the links are belongs to some trustworthy sources. You should check if the “Anti-Spam Filter” feature is enabled or not. Note that enabled “Anti-spam Filter” feature automatically send all the spammy emails to spam folder of your mail service you use like Gmail. Some popular mail service like Gmail has by default enabled this feature. However, you can use third parties’ anti-spam filter to deliver spammy emails to spam folder. Some antivirus software also offers this feature so you can enable it from there. You should also try to block the senders’ email address from sending spam emails. To protect your System against ransomware or other similar malware, you can scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Threat Name: Thcuhswza Ransomware, .thcuhswza File Virus
Threat Type: Ransomware, File Virus, Crypto-Malware, File Locker
File Extension: “.thcuhswza”
Ransom note: “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.txt”
Description: This nasty file virus encrypts all files of your computer by appending its extension and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Malicious emails and attachments, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders, suspicious hyperlinks
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your sensitive information and shares it to illegal ones
Ransomware removal method: To remove Thcuhswza Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with strong antivirus software
Data recovery solution: To restore all files locked by Thcuhswza Ransomware, you can use strong data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Thcuhswza Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Thcuhswza Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Thcuhswza Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Thcuhswza Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Thcuhswza Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Thcuhswza Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Thcuhswza Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Thcuhswza Ransomware from machine.
Remove Thcuhswza Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Thcuhswza Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Thcuhswza Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Thcuhswza Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Thcuhswza Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Thcuhswza Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Thcuhswza Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Thcuhswza Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Thcuhswza Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Thcuhswza Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Thcuhswza Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files