Easy process to delete Thefaceduck.com from system
Thefaceduck.com is websites that cause tons of redirect to shady sites and open various pages containing suspicious content. Its main aim is to redirect online traffic to ad-supportive pages and generates views and hence monetizes money for its developers. Users visit this page because of adware infection that might be causing system slowdowns and various other problems. So, if your PC is already infected with this type of malware then you should delete it immediately. An adware is an ad-supportive program that displays intrusive advertisements and through this promotes developers products which are untrustworthy.
One more click may cause download and installation of another unwanted application inside your device. Besides causing adverts, the adware causes redirect during browsing sessions. To achieve this, they conduct unwanted changes into browser settings including default search engine, homepage and new tab URL and open new browsing tab or window for other dubious website. Once visited to this site, the user will get further redirect to other pages of this type that might contain ads, scams and even some sort of malware.
Thus, in one way or another, such redirects are dangerous and might lead to system infection. Another problem regarding Thefaceduck.com adware is its data tracking ability. It can track data related to users browsing session and collect various information which was later forwarded to potent cyber criminals who misuse those data in order to generate revenue. Therefore, presence of data tracking apps on PC might results into severe privacy issues, monetary loss and even identity theft. So, we highly recommended you to remove the adware and browser extension immediately from the system.
How did Thefaceduck.com intrude in my PC?
Thefaceduck.com is promoted by many potentially unwanted programs. Developers behind this use various different techniques to distribute them. The most popular and common methods used by them is software bundling. This term is described as an undercover installation of unnecessary apps that take place along with malicious content is called bundling. Usually, software developers hide information about additional apps behind custom or advance option of installation setups and hope that users will not change them. While rushing through installation procedures and do not pay enough attention at the time of installing any program users might often lead the inadvertent installation of unwanted software.
How to prevent intruding unwanted apps?
The key to computer safety is carefulness therefore users are highly advised to pay close attention while downloading and installing any software as well as surfing online. The safest way is to use official websites and direct links for any software download. Avoid using untrustworthy software downloading sources as they commonly offer bundled or deceptive content. During installation, read terms, explore all possible options, use custom or advance settings and opt out all additional apps and dismiss offers with the chosen software. Furthermore, stay away from third party websites such as gambling, pornography and similar. As, they redirect users to other harmful web-pages or cause downloads and installations of unwanted software.
Manual malware removal processes might be risky and complicated as it requires lots of technical skills to perform malware removal process. You can also use reliable antivirus removal tool such as Spyhunter to remove Thefaceduck.com immediately from the computer to prevent it from further adware infection.
Threat Type: Push notifications ads, unwanted ads, Pop-up ads, adware.
Description: Able to hijack your browser and make unwanted changes into browser settings without permission.
Symptoms: Seeing advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. Intrusive pop-up ads. Decreased internet browsing speed.
Distribution Methods: Deceptive pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications (adware). Malicious ads, corrupted websites, torrent file downloads and more.
Damage: Decreased computer performance, browser tracking – privacy issues, possible additional malware infections.
Removal: In order to remove Thefaceduck.com you are recommended to go through given below removal instructions.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Thefaceduck.com‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Thefaceduck.com as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Thefaceduck.com removal from computer
Thefaceduck.com is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Thefaceduck.com related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Thefaceduck.com and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Thefaceduck.com and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Thefaceduck.com related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Thefaceduck.com related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Thefaceduck.com in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Thefaceduck.com related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Thefaceduck.com and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Thefaceduck.com from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Thefaceduck.com and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Thefaceduck.com from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Thefaceduck.com related files is removed.
Delete Thefaceduck.com and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Thefaceduck.com related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Thefaceduck.com and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Thefaceduck.com related files is removed.
Remove Thefaceduck.com from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Thefaceduck.com related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Thefaceduck.com from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Thefaceduck.com from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Thefaceduck.com related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Thefaceduck.com related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Thefaceduck.com from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Thefaceduck.com related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Thefaceduck.com from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Thefaceduck.com in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Thefaceduck.com related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Thefaceduck.com in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Thefaceduck.com from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Thefaceduck.com related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Thefaceduck.com related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Thefaceduck.com related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Thefaceduck.com related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Thefaceduck.com removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Thefaceduck.com removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Thefaceduck.com and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Thefaceduck.com from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Thefaceduck.com related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Thefaceduck.com and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Thefaceduck.com related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Thefaceduck.com removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Thefaceduck.com related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button