Easy methods to delete [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware (Restore files encrypted by ransomware)
[[email protected]].LCK Ransomware or “LCK Ransomware” or “[[email protected]].LCK File Virus” is another malicious program belongs to Dharma Ransomware family. This particular ransomware virus encrypts/locks all files stored in your computer, renames them, displays a popup window and drops “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” text file as ransom note in compromised folders. It modifies each file by appending [[email protected]].LCK File Extension, and displays popup window and text file as ransom note that contains the information on how you can recover or decrypt files locked by this ransomware.
As explained in “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” ransom note, you need to establish the contact with cybercriminals behind this ransomware via [email protected] or [email protected] email address and wait for further instructions. It also claims that in order to rename locked files manually or use third parties’ decryption keys/software, you will lose your all files & folders of your computer permanently. As a rule, when you contact cybercriminals via given email address, you receive details such as amount of ransom money for decryption keys/software and how to pay for them. As a proof that they have right decryption keys/software for the files locked by ransomware, they provide initially free decryption service for some locked files of your computer.
[[email protected]].LCK Ransomware asks you to send 2-3 encrypted files within the size of 1MB on the email ID presented on ransom note for free decryption. After free decryption test is successful, they force to pay certain amount of extortion money to decrypt rest of the locked files. It also claims that you have to contact cybercriminals or pay demanded ransom money within 12 hours. However, it is strongly recommended not to believe [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware’s developers and pay them a extortion money for decryption keys/software. The only way to recover all files locked by ransomware without any risks/or for free is to restore them using a backup. But before that, you should try to remove [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware and all the related components from computer as soon as possible.
Let’s take have a look at message displayed on ransom note:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Ransomware distribution methods:
- Malicious attachments or hyperlinks presented in suspicious emails: In most of the cases, ransomware type malware is distributed through spam email campaigns. These irrelevant or suspicions emails contain some false-positive messages along with malicious hyperlinks and/or attachments. Once such attachments or hyperlinks opened/clicked, malware or encryption module is executed.
- Software activation from unknown sources: If you use unofficial sources or activation tools to activate licensed software, then you may also allow malicious scripts or programs to install in your computer as additions. These unofficial activitation tools are designed to infect Systems by exploiting bugs, flaws of installed software that is outdated.
- Fake downloaders and installers: If you download/install any software from unofficial sources, peer-to-peer file sharing networks and third parties’ downloaders and installers, then you may install some additional programs included in download software in your device. Cybercriminals use “bundling” method to add some additional programs in regular or legitimate software, designed to install malware in your machine.
How to protect your System from ransomware attack?
As mentioned above, ransomware is mostly distributed from malicious emails especially from attachments or hyperlinks presented in suspicious emails. So, you should be alert while browsing internet and avoid opening attachments or links presented in spammy emails. You should try to block the senders from sending spam/irrelevant emails. You should also check if “Anti-Spam filter” feature is enabled in mail service like Gmail or other service you use. Note that “Anti-Spam Filter” features when enabled, all the spammy emails are automatically deliver to spam folder of your mail service. Software and files should be downloaded/installed from official sources or through direct links. No other sources should be used to download/install and update the software packages. If your System is already infected with [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware, then you can scan your computer with powerful antivirus software.
Threat Type: Ransomware, Crypto-malware, file locker
File extension: “.[[email protected]].LCK” or “.LCK”
Ransom note: “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt”
Description: This nasty file virus locks all types of files stored in your computer and demands ransom payment for decryption.
Distribution methods: Fake software updaters, downloaders and installers, malicious ads or popup, malicious hyperlinks or attachments
Malware removal method: To remove [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware or similar malware, we recommended you to scan your computer with strong antivirus software
Data recovery solution: After ransomware removal, you can try to restore all files locked by ransomware using strong data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘[[email protected]].LCK Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
[[email protected]].LCK Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware from machine.
Remove [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by [[email protected]].LCK Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files