Easy guide to delete Trump Ransomware
Trump Ransomware is one of the dangerous file encryption viruses that belong to Scarab ransomware family. This program is designed to encrypt files or to block victims to access their files stored on their computer hard disk and demands ransom to provide decryption key. As soon as this malware encrypts all your files, it renames all compromised files using original filenames, cyber criminals email address in square brackets and “.trump” extension.
Once encrypting the files, a text files in “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT” is placed on the desktop to inform victims about the attack and instruct them how to decrypt files and also provides payment details. The created files does not mention the encryption process but only provides files titles. The note simply states that victims device are unprotected but their files as well as data can be fixed and restored.
In order to decrypt files, users are instructed to contact cyber criminals through an email that are provided under the note. However, people who contact them within 72 hours after encryption will be provided a huge 50% discount on the demanded price. Further, users can send up to 1 encrypted file for free decryption with the email that they send. This is provided by crooks so that users start believing that the decryption tool is really working.
Nevertheless, never contact to them and nor provide the ransom fee in any worst condition. Thus, to prevent Trump Ransomware from further encryptions, it must be removed immediately from the computer by using powerful anti-malware removal tool. Before going through removal process you must remember that removal will not restore already encrypted files.
Name: Trump Ransomware
Type: Ransomware, File-lockers, Crypto-virus
Encrypted file extension: .[[email protected]].trump
Ransom demanding message: HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT
Email ID: [email protected]
Description: Encrypt all your files and demand ransom to give decryption key.
Symptoms: You will not be able to access any files on your system. You will find Ransom note in each folder demanding money.
Distribution: Spam Emails, Email Attachments, bundled freeware, porn or torrent sites, p2p sharing networks, suspicious links, torrent file downloads and many more.
Damage: Leads to permanent data loss. Other password stealing virus and malware infections can be installed along with ransomware infections.
Removal and recovery: Use Spyhunter to remove Trump Ransomware automatically. Once malware gets removed, recover your files using existing backup.
What Victims should do?
By going through Trump Ransomware above mentioned details, it is clear that paying money to cyber hackers does not provide any positive results. Therefore, users experience financial loss and their data remain encrypted. So, to avoid permanent data loss it is highly recommended to keeps backups in remote servers or unplugged storage devices. Usually, backups should be stored in multiple separate locations. In order to decrypt files, users can use their backup’s files that have created earlier. The other option is to use data recovery tool.
Intrusion tactics of Trump Ransomware:
Corrupted websites, peer to peer networks, freeware sharing sites are the major sources for the intrusion of unwanted applications. However, severe ransomware viruses mostly distribute them through email that contains malicious attachment. Files like executables, archive and PDFs have macros that get triggered by users once they are downloaded, installed and opened on the targeted system. Clicking on such documents causes the installation of ransomware infections. So, you must be very cautious while opening any emails that contain malicious attachments.
Remove Trump Ransomware
If your computer is already infected with Trump Ransomware then we recommend you running a scan with reliable antivirus removal tool that has the ability to eliminate infiltrated ransomware automatically from the PC. Here given below are some more removal process that will help you while performing virus removal process.
Let’s have a look on the message presented on Trump Ransomware:
At the moment, your system is not protected.
We can fix it and restore files.
To restore the system write to this address:
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Trump Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Trump Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Trump Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Trump Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Trump Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Trump Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Trump Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Trump Ransomware from machine.
Remove Trump Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Trump Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Trump Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Trump Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Trump Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Trump Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Trump Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Trump Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Trump Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Trump Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Trump Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files