Simple methods to delete V3JS Ransomware
V3JS Ransomware is dangerous computer virus that is also identified as file-coder or Cryptovirus. This malware is mainly designed to encrypt targeted data like drawings, databases, documents, presentations, audios, music, archives, images, videos and many more and display ransom note. This type of ransomware does not rename any of the encrypted files. Moreover, the ransom note is written in both Polish and English languages.
Furthermore, V3JS Ransomware developers are Polish so that they mainly target users living in Poland. The message itself is very short which states victims not to delete the programs or turn off or shut down their infected computer otherwise they permanently lose their files. Cyber criminals ask victims to transfer 40 Euros to the provided Bitcoin wallet address to receive a decryption tool.
In most cases, paying the ransom to the cyber hackers might be only way to get back the data because there are no any third party tools available that could decrypt files encrypted by V3JS Ransomware, at least not at present. This malicious program is designed and created by the cyber criminals whose main target is to make illegal money by phishing innocent users.
Usually, cyber crooks behind V3JS Ransomware promises you to send decryption key once they receive money. In most of the cases, it has been seen that most of them do not keep their promises and users who pay money to them often get scammed. So, it is highly recommended not to transfer cryptocurrency to ransomware developers since they are the only ones who can help with data decryption.
Name: V3JS Ransomware
Classification: Ransomware, Files-locker, Crypto-virus
Ransom amount: 40 Euros
Ransom demanding note: pop-up window
Also known as: V3JS virus
Symptoms: All important files will get appended with new extension, your trial to access your files may return will fail, eruption of hectic ransom note on computer screen and so on.
Distribution methods: cyber criminal use various methods to intrude this infection into your system such as Trojans, fake updates, email spam, untrustworthy software download sources such as third party downloader, unofficial pages etc and so on.
Data Recovery: In order to recover all encrypted files, users are advised to use backup if available. In case, backup files are not found then you can use data recovery tool/software.
Removal: Use Spyhunter or other powerful anti-malware tool to remove V3JS Ransomware easily and effectively from the computer.
Should users paying money?
However, if you are thinking about paying ransom money to the hacker then be aware, most of the users reported that ransomware viruses delete users data even after receiving money. By doing so, there are highly chance that you can lose both your files and money as well. Thus, paying the ransom fee will not give any positive response. Besides that, there is a chance that you can recover your files without paying money. If you have backup of your files store on any external hard drive then do not try to recover your files until you remove V3JS Ransomware from your system completely because it encrypt those files as well. So, we clearly advice you to remove this infection and then try to recover your data through alternative methods.
Distribution of V3JS Ransomware:
V3JS Ransomware is mostly distributed by using spam email campaign. In this spam campaign, thousands of spam emails are designed and distributed over the internet. The recipients are tricked into believing that these emails are legitimate. Such emails offer some attachment file download through malicious links containing payload. Execution of the files lead the payload to activate which runs and install the associated malware inside the computer. Hence, you must avoid clicking on the spam email attachment if you do not want this and other such infection inside your PC. Other sources of ransomware and other malware distribution are deceptive pop-up ads, torrent websites, harmful links, Trojans, unreliable software download sources and many more.
Text presented in this ransom note:
OJ YOUR PRIVATE FILES WERE SUBJECTED TO AN ENCRYPTION PROGRAM. TO RESTORE YOUR FILES YOU HAVE TO PAY 40 EURO IN BITCOINS. IF YOU NEED HELP, VISIT THE WEBSITE: hxxps://www.bitcoin.com/get-started/how-do-i-send-and-receive-bitcoin/. REMEMBER THAT EVERY ATTEMPT TO DELETE THE PROGRAM WILL BE PUNISHED. ALSO BE SURE NOT TO TURN OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER BECAUSE THIS RISK OF DATA DELETION.
OJ TWOJE PRYWATNE PLIKI SOSTAŁY PODDANE PROGRAMOWI SZYFRUJĄCEMU. ABY PRZYWRUCIĆ TWOJE PLIKI MUSISZ ZAPŁACIĆ 40 EURO W BITCOINACH. JEŚI POTRZEBUJESZ POMOCY WEJDŹ NA STRONE: hxxps://www.bitcoin.com/get-started/how-do-i-send-and-receive-bitcoin/. PAMIĘTAJ ZE KAŻDA PRÓBA USUNIĘĆA PROGRAMU BĘDZIE KARANA. PAMIĘTAJ RÓWNIEŻ ABY NIE WYŁĄCZAĆ ANI RESTARTOWAĆ KOMPUTERA PONIEWAŻ GROZI TO USUNIĘCIEM DANYCH.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘V3JS Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like V3JS Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for V3JS Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
V3JS Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove V3JS Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove V3JS Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with V3JS Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to V3JS Ransomware from machine.
Remove V3JS Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of V3JS Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by V3JS Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by V3JS Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like V3JS Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by V3JS Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about V3JS Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by V3JS Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like V3JS Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by V3JS Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by V3JS Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files