Proper guide to delete ZIN ransomware
ZIN ransomware is defined as a computer virus that are designed and created by cyber criminals in order to encrypts all data on a targeted computer and prevent its users from accessing it. Every personal and useful file of the victims including picture, document, audio/video, database, presentation etc is encrypted with AES encryption algorithm and renamed by appending “.ZIN” extensions. All members of this family including this malware create two types of ransom notes – a pop-up window and FILES ENCRYPTED.txt text files and dropped it into victims desktop.
Text presented in the pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Short message in the FILES ENCRYPTED.txt files:
all your data has been locked us
You want to return?
write email [email protected] or
Details about ZIN ransomware
The created note contain instructions which informs victims that if they want to recover access to their files, they must need to contact ransomware developers by writing them an email. Also, they are advised not to rename the files or try to decode any encrypted data using third party software as it might lead to permanent data loss. Once users contact cyber criminals, they provide details related to price of decryption, how to pay for it and many more.
As always, we strongly advised victims not to contact cyber criminals and pay any money to them. Because paying the hackers only motivate them to expand their cyber attacks and finances their search for more effective infection methods. Our suggestion is to remove ZIN ransomware completely and safely from the computer by using dependable antimalware software like Spyhunter. The longer this malware stay in your system the more damage it could do. So, users are recommended to beware of this.
How to get back encrypted files?
If your files are encrypted by ZIN ransomware, then you can use several methods to restore them. Some of them are:
Data backups: If you have created backup of some encrypted file and placed at different locations, then you can use it in order to retrieve all files.
Shadow Explorer: If Shadow Copies weren’t deleted by ZIN ransomware, then you can use to restore some of the lost data.
Third party data recovery tool: In no any options are available, then the last option for you to restore all encrypted files is to use third party data recovery tool.
Distribution of ZIN ransomware:
There are various types of malware now-a-days and it spread into the PC by using various different methods. As a rule, ransomware is mainly infiltrated into the system using spam email methods. This spam emails is distributed when hackers initiate spam email campaigns. They sent lots of deceptive emails to the unsuspecting computer users all over the world that might contain one of two hyperlinks that redirect to malicious websites or infected attachments. When users click or open those files, a payload file is downloaded onto the machine and the encryption process begins. Another methods preferred by the cyber criminals to invade ZIN ransomware are untrustworthy software downloading sources, Trojans, fake software updating tools, pirated software, file sharing platforms and many more.
How to avoid installation of ransomware infections?
To prevent intrusion of ransomware like ZIN ransomware and other dubious malware, you must always pay close attention when downloading and installing any software in your machine. Emails that are sent from suspicious address or contains any attachments should not be trusted. Opening file causes installation of malicious software. Programs and files should be downloaded from official websites and direct links.
None of the aforementioned channels should be used that are mentioned in the previous paragraph. Further, always update installed software using tools recommended by genuine developers. This type of tool will help you to detect and eliminate malware before the PC is harmed. Moreover, it is not legal to use unofficial tools to activate any licensed software or use installers for pirated software.
Short summarized information
Name: ZIN ransomware
Threat Type: Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker
Cyber Criminal Contact: [email protected]
Symptoms: All your important files as well as data are locked and cannot be opened without using a private key or tool.
Encrypted Files Extension: .ZIN
Ransom Demanding Message: pop-up window, FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Distribution methods: Infected email attachments (macros), torrent websites, malicious ads, bundled freeware programs and many more.
Damage: causes permanent data loss and can also drops other pernicious infections on to the compromised computer.
Removal: Manual and automatic guidelines as provided under this article.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘ZIN ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like ZIN ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for ZIN ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
ZIN ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove ZIN ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove ZIN ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with ZIN ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to ZIN ransomware from machine.
Remove ZIN ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of ZIN ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by ZIN ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by ZIN ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like ZIN ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by ZIN ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about ZIN ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by ZIN ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like ZIN ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by ZIN ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by ZIN ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files