Easy methods to delete Zoom Email Scam from PCs (Remove Phishing/Scam)
Threat Name: Zoom Email Scam
Threat Type: Phishing, scam, Social Engineering, Fraud
Description: This spam email claims that you have been sent an invitation to Zoom Video Conference and tricks you into visiting phishing/scam pages.
Distribution methods: Malicious emails and attachments, suspicious hyperlinks, fake software updaters, installers and downloaders
Motives of attackers: Aims to collect your personal information and shares it to illegal ones.
Malware removal method: To remove Zoom Email Scam or similar infections, you can scan your System with powerful antivirus software.
How did Zoom Email Scam infect computer?
What is Zoom Email Scam? What it does?
Zoom Email Scam is considered as phishing/scam that is referring to email spam campaigns. “Malsapm Campaigns” or “Email Spam Campaigns” is mostly used mechanism by cybercriminals to download/install malware or viruses in your machine. This spam email claims that you have received a video conferencing invitation on Zoom – the popular video conferencing platform and online chat service platform. Keep in mind that this email is not really associated with legitimate Zoom Service. So, you should simply ignore this spam email and avoid clicking/opening any attachments/links presented in it. If your System is already infected with this type of malware, then you should try to remove Zoom Email Scam from System immediately.
The message presented Zoom Email Scam states that “You received a video conferencing invitation” and contains “Review Invitation” button, which when clicked, you are redirected to a phishing website. This phishing webpage requests you to sign-in using their Microsoft Accounts. This scam email is designed to record all the data provided to them. This fake Zoom Conference Invitation attempts to tricks you into sharing your Microsoft Accounts log-in credentials to scammers behind this email spam campaigns. However, it also attempt to collect your other sensitive information including names, surnames, addresses, telephone number, email address, banking account and/or credit card details. These collected data can be shared with other attackers or third parties to generate some revenue from them.
Once attackers behind Zoom Email Scam gain access to your computer, they will begin delivering harmful malware in machine and corrupting major genuine functions or applications of your computer. It can also attempt to access or control your computer remotely and start infecting all your personal files stored in your computer. However, it can trigger several other errors like BSoD errors, Windows update component missing/corrupted, Registry Editor errors and/or other issues. To prevent your System from further damages, it is important to remove Zoom Email Scam from machine as soon as possible.
Let’s take have a look at “Zoom” malspam email:
Subject: You received a video conferencing invitation. Thursday, 26, 2020 10:55:20 AM ********
You received a video conferencing invitation.
How to protect your System against Trojan, malspam campaigns or malware?
- Any hyperlinks and attachments presented in irrelevant or spam emails must not be opened.
- You should try to block senders’ email addresses from sending spam emails
- Don’t reply spam or irrelevant emails
- Enable “Anti-Spam Filter” feature in your mail Service like Gmail. This will help to deliver all the spammy emails to spam folder instead of Inbox folder automatically.
- You should keep your antivirus software up-to-date and scan regularly your computer for malware or viruses.
- Hover your mouse over any hyperlinks before click and double-check if the hyperlinks are belongs to some trustworthy sources.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Zoom Email Scam‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Zoom Email Scam as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Zoom Email Scam removal from computer
Zoom Email Scam is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Zoom Email Scam related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Zoom Email Scam and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Zoom Email Scam and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Zoom Email Scam related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Zoom Email Scam related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Zoom Email Scam in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Zoom Email Scam related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Zoom Email Scam and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Zoom Email Scam from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Zoom Email Scam and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Zoom Email Scam from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Zoom Email Scam related files is removed.
Delete Zoom Email Scam and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Zoom Email Scam related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Zoom Email Scam and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Zoom Email Scam related files is removed.
Remove Zoom Email Scam from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Zoom Email Scam related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Zoom Email Scam from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Zoom Email Scam from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Zoom Email Scam related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Zoom Email Scam related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Zoom Email Scam from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Zoom Email Scam related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Zoom Email Scam from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Zoom Email Scam in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Zoom Email Scam related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Zoom Email Scam in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Zoom Email Scam from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Zoom Email Scam related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Zoom Email Scam related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Zoom Email Scam related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Zoom Email Scam related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Zoom Email Scam removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Zoom Email Scam removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Zoom Email Scam and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Zoom Email Scam from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Zoom Email Scam related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Zoom Email Scam and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Zoom Email Scam related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Zoom Email Scam removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Zoom Email Scam related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button