Microsoft is rolling out a new optional update for Windows 10 version 20H2 (October 2020 Update) and version 2004. Windows 10 KB4580364 optional update is available for both Windows 10 version 20H2 and version 2004. The optional update will be displayed by your device under Update & Security > Windows Update > View optional updates.
This optional update advances Windows 10 2004 systems to Windows 10 Build 19041.610 and those on version 20H2 will be Windows 10 Build 19042.610.
With this update, Microsoft addresses the bug causing a deadlock in the Transmission control protocol/Internet protocol driver due to which the computer system becomes unresponsive.
Also, the company fixed an issue that “causes a device to stop responding after you have been using a pen for several hours.”
Address of KB4580364 addresses the issues causing Dynamic Data Exchange applications to stop working and the RRAS administrator Microsoft Management Console to randomly stop responding, as well.
Microsoft also introduces new Meet now feature to those running Windows 10 October 2020 update and Windows May 202 update. The company has already released the feature for Windows 10 version 1909 and version 1903.
Microsoft says; “In the coming weeks, you will be able to easily set up a video call and reach friends and family in an instant by clicking the Meet Now icon in the taskbar notification area. No sign-ups or downloads needed.”
The full list of fixes and improvements delivered by KB4580364:
- Fix the Issues with Group Policy preferences to configure homepage in IE browser,
- Addresses the issue that causes untrusted URL navigation from IE 11 when opening Microsoft Defender application guard through Microsoft Edge,
- Addresses the issue that users encounter when using the full suite of developers tool in Microsoft Edge for remote debugging on Windows 10 device,
- Fixes the issue that displays nothing for five minutes or more during RDP session,
- Addresses the issue, due to which WVD users were not able to search files using File Explorer,
- Addresses the issues that cause system unresponsiveness when users have been using a pen for several hours,
- Addresses the issues causing DDE apps to stop working,
- Addresses the issue due to which the incorrect CPU frequency for certain processes were shown,
- Addresses the issue causing an application to stop responding temporarily,
- Addresses the issue due to which assigning the Microsoft Outlook signatures for Microsoft user experience virtualization was difficult,
- Addresses the hybrid Azure Active dictionary issue where that active dictionary joined devices are prevented from updating portal information when a device name or Windows version changes,
- Addresses the issue that prevents smart cards for Windows service from starting,
- Addresses stop error 0xd1 in msiscsi.sys issue occurs when moving certain arrays from one cluster node to another,
- Addresses issues that makes IAutomaticUpdatesResults::get_LastInstallationSuccessDate method return 1601/01/01 in case of no active updates,
- Addresses the SQL server issue causing performance issues when users configure a linked server provider to load out-of-process,
- Address es the deduplication issues due to which users have to wait for a long on Resilient File System (ReFS) Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV),
- Addresses the issues that encounter when users publish applications as Remote Application Integrated Locally applications usually RDS and change the docking for an AppBar Window,
- Addresses the issue on TCPIP or Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol driver due to which the computer stops working or stop responding,
- Addresses the issue causing RRAS or Routing and Remote Access Service to stop responding for new connections,
- Addresses the issue in RRAS administrator Microsoft Management Console causing random system unresponsive when users perform administrative tasks or at startup,
- Addresses the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2) on ARM64 devices startup issue occurs after KB4579311 installation,
- Addresses an issue that prevent LanmanServer service from starting when third party software uses FSCTL or LanmanServer Custom File System Controls,
- Adds the Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1 and 1.2 protocols is added,
- Displays Recovery Partitions in the diskpart utility,
- Adds a new “Microsoft-Antimalware-UacScan” to report the details of the context for each User Account Control request in the ETW or Microsoft Event Tracing For Windows provider manifest,