Effective methods to delete Agho Ransomware
Agho Ransomware is extremely dangerous file encrypting virus that comes under the family of Djvu ransomware. This malware uses military strength RSA algorithm to encode all files and make them extremely difficult for users to decrypt. Once the targeted PC is infected, all files are appended with “.agho” extension and are inaccessible to the victim. After that, it creates special text file that is called _readme.txt where hackers provide contact details, overall information about encryption and options for decryption.
The only thing that you see is the ransom note appearing on the screen every time when you try to access them. When you examine the ransom note carefully you will notice that the cyber criminals are asking to pay ransom money in Bitcoin virtual currency to get the decryption key. The whole ransom note contain contents that convince you to pay the ransom money and threat that the data will get lost permanently if you don’t pay the money in a particular time period.
The price of recovery tool is $980 but if you contact cyber criminals within 72 hours of infection then they will provide you 50% lower rate for their services and you have to pay only $490. Users are asked to contact them as soon as possible by writing them an email to the provided email address. Despite this, victims are asked to check their spam email folders, if they did not receive response from them within 6 hours. Before paying money, users are also offered free decryption test of one encrypted files.
Quick Glance for Agho Ransomware:
Threat Type: Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker
Extension used: .agho
Ransom Demanding Message: _readme.txt
Ransom Amount: 980 or 490 USD
Distribution methods: spam emails campaign, unsafe links and ads, peer to peer file sharing networks such as torrents and malicious ads.
Symptoms: The infected files totally get inaccessible for the users. It gets different extension names than original. While accessing, it triggers ransom note on the screen. Ransom money is demanded in Bitcoin crypto-currency.
Damage: Files become inaccessible. Additional malware including password stealing Trojans are downloaded in the backdoor.
Removal and File Recovery: For eliminating the malware, it is advised to scan the PC with powerful anti-malware tool. Once malware gets removed, you can use the backup files for file restoration. The other option is to use data recovery tool.
Should victim contact to the cyber criminal?
You must remember that this is a spam. You must not contact the cyber criminals or pay any money to them because they don’t provide any decryption key even after receiving the money. This is a scam and you will end up losing your important data as well as precious time. The aim of cyber criminal is to cheat you and they are not going to help you in any way. If you pay money to them, they will use it for making other highly perilous infections.
How to recover files from Agho Ransomware?
We know that all your data and files are very crucial for you but paying money to the cyber-hackers is too risky. In this situation, you are highly suggested to remove Agho Ransomware completely from the computer to avoid further encryptions. In order to remove this malware, victims are suggested to use some powerful anti-malware tool that has the capability to eliminate this ransomware automatically. After this process, you can easily recover your files by using backup file or other data recovery tool.
How Agho Ransomware gets inside the targeted PC?
The cyber criminals use spam campaigns and other illegal methods to circulate the payloads and scripts related to Agho Ransomware in the targeted computer. You may receive some email messages that has the attachment containing malware. This is presented as PDF document, archive file and so on. When you open the attached file, the malware payload instantly gets downloaded. The other methods of ransomware circulation includes bundling with freeware and shareware, unsafe hyperlinks, peer to peer file sharing networks, commercial websites and many more. Hence, it is very much important to be careful all the time while using the machine.
Instructions for Agho Ransomware removal
Ransomware and other malware might get enter into your system by either downloading some questionable content from torrent websites. So, avoid using them. Software and its updates should only be downloaded through its developer’s official tools. Emails that seem irrelevant should not be opened. If it looks legitimate and before opening any email attachments, it should be scanned properly. All software downloads should only be done by using official and trustworthy pages. Last but not the least, install reputable antivirus software and keep them updated to perform regular system scans.
Text presented in Agho Ransomware’s text file (“_readme.txt”):
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Agho Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Agho Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Agho Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Agho Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Agho Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Agho Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Agho Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Agho Ransomware from machine.
Remove Agho Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Agho Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Agho Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Agho Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Agho Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Agho Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Agho Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Agho Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Agho Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Agho Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Agho Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files