Simple steps to delete BNFD Ransomware
BNFD Ransomware is a kind of software that belongs to Matrix ransomware family. Like all other programs of this family, it encrypts files stored with a cipher algorithm and denies users access to them. The cyber criminals design it to extort money from innocent users. During encryption, it appends file using .BNFD extension plus the cyber criminal’s address and a string of random characters. After that, the ransomware places “BNFD_README.rtf” files on the desktop.
Such file contain message designed by the cyber criminals behind this threat in order to blackmail users into paying ransom money supposedly to get a decryption tool that will help in files decryption. The text states victims to contact the developers behind the ransomware by writing them an email if they want to get the files back. The amount of ransom is not mentioned as it depends on how quickly users contact the cyber criminals.
The short message also states that the victims can attach their 3 files whose free decryption is guaranteed as the crooks try to gain the trust of them. There are two problems through which users can become victims of ransomware attack. Firstly, cyber criminals do not send decryption key even if all their demands (pay a ransom) are fulfilled and secondly developers of ransomware are the only ones who have the right decryption key.
Name: BNFD Ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker
Encrypted Files Extension: .BNFD
Ransom Demanding Message: BNFD_README.rtf
Also known as: BNFD virus
Cyber Criminal Contact: [email protected]
Description: It is a ransomware program that encrypts files, photos, videos and other important documents on the target system with unique key. If user wants to recover their files then they have to pay the ransom.
Symptoms: The BNFD Ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .BNFD extension to them.
Distribution methods: spam emails and Email attachments, malicious ads, torrent file downloads, peer to peer file sharing networks, bundles of free software programs and so on.
Removal: In order to remove ransomware infection, we advised you to use reliable antivirus removal tool. After finishing removal process, you can restore your files using backup or other data recovery tool.
What victims should do in this situation?
In order to prevent the system retrieve the files, victims are highly advised to remove BNFD Ransomware completely from the system to avoid further encryptions. Here is given below automatic removal tool that will eliminate this dangerous file encrypting virus immediately from the PC. After finishing the elimination process, victims can easily restore data and files by the backup or by using third party recovery software.
How did the infection occur?
Ransomware viruses are distributed by using scam campaigns, unreliable file download sources such as peer to peer networks, free file hosting sites, freeware downloader etc, Trojans and fake software updater. Untrustworthy software downloading sources spread malware by disguising it as legitimate software. Trojans are malicious applications that are designed to download and install other malware. Fake software updaters infect system by supposedly updating/activating software. Crooks use scam campaigns to send spam emails containing malicious file attachments. Opening such files leads the computer infection.
Remove BNFD Ransomware
Complete manual malware removal process is provided below in step by step manner. However, if you do not want to go through manual instructions as this may require professional skills then you can choose the automatic guide. Install professional Spyhunter automatic malware removal tool to get rid of this infection as soon as possible.
Text presented in BNFD Ransomware’s text file (“BNFD_README.rtf”):
ALL YOUR VALUABLE DATA WAS ENCRYPTED!
All yоur filеs wеrе еnсrуptеd with strоng crуptо аlgоrithm АЕS-256 + RSА-2048.
Plеаsе bе surе thаt yоur filеs аrе nоt brоkеn аnd уоu cаn rеstоrе thеm tоdаy.
Impоrtаnt! Plеаsе sеnd yоur mеssаgе tо аll оf оur 3 е-mаil аddrеssеs. This is rеаllу impоrtаnt bеcаusе оf dеlivеrу prоblеms оf sоmе mаil sеrviсеs!
Important! If you haven’t received a response from us within 24 hours, please try to use a different email service (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc).
Important! Please check your SPAM folder each time you wait for our response! If you find our email in the SPAM folder please move it to your Inbox.
Important! We are always in touch and ready to help you as soon as possible!
Аttаch up tо 3 smаll еncrуptеd filеs fоr frее tеst dесryption. Plеаsе nоte thаt thе filеs yоu sеnd us shоuld nоt cоntаin аnу vаluаblе infоrmаtiоn. Wе will sеnd yоu tеst dеcrуptеd files in оur rеspоnsе fоr yоur cоnfidеnсе.
Of course you will receive all the necessary instructions hоw tо dеcrуpt yоur filеs!
Plеаsе nоte that we are professionals and just doing our job!
Please dо nоt wаstе thе timе аnd dо nоt trу to dесеive us – it will rеsult оnly priсе incrеаsе!
Wе аrе alwауs оpеnеd fоr diаlоg аnd rеаdy tо hеlp уоu.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘BNFD Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like BNFD Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for BNFD Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
BNFD Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove BNFD Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove BNFD Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with BNFD Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to BNFD Ransomware from machine.
Remove BNFD Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of BNFD Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by BNFD Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by BNFD Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like BNFD Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by BNFD Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about BNFD Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by BNFD Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like BNFD Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by BNFD Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by BNFD Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files